1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MZdOMlWAKTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This...

It doesn't say it outright in the article but does say it in the tweet. But the list is 7 teams long but only mentions 3 of the teams.

Also of note in the article:

LOL to that.

...but you want to sign in NY or LA.

Really?

So much contradiction.

3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I cant wait for this to be over already and focus on games already

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Didn't Cyberx say early on that Gogi was anxious to stick it to the Rockets?

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Huh. Can you elaborate on this?

6. mockster

mockster Member

Unless we get to the conference finals or championship *with dragic* I can't see him having any desire to resign. Either way he can be a great rental then we still have cap Dover to sign free agents in summer. But we lose assets but perhaps by losing were gaining more cap space we could use once again in the summer. I still prefer ty lawson or knight but they seem like a long shot if even possiable at all.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If that's not true than this really is a case of him wanting to be a mega star.

Sorry but a player that isn't a true star yet at almost 30 in the NBA that craves the spotlight that bad scares the hell out of me.

If it really is about getting Houston to get verbal agreements to offer him a max deal this Summer then his agent has a funny way of negotiating. Publicly insult them first, and then Morey will really make a strong offer.

Sorry, but he's going to the Lakers as it seems. Clarkson, the Rockets 1st, and Jordan Hill for Goran and Zoran would seem to be the best deal they are going to get.

8. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Well he definitely has been sending mixed messages (via social media).

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

Maybe Dallas gets involved for Dragic, would fit playoff contender that would give him the reigns to the PG spot. Even if Houston is not on the list, that won't deter Morey but he'll also only get into a bidding war to drive up the price for others while working another deal to get the upgrades he seeks.

10. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I thought he wanted to join a playoff contender tho..

11. NotChandlerParsons

IIRC, he basically said that Dragic "wouldn't mind" sticking it to the Rockets based on that whole 4th year player option and signing Lin after it thing.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Dallas has absolutely nothing that would entice them. Nothing.

13. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

If he wants to go to LA b my guest but he he signs fa the Max he does no that Kobe is cumin back so he will b n the same position he was n n Phoenix. I didn't care about getting him anyways. I wanted MCW

14. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

looks like were out of the goran sweepstakes. Daren Collision, Reggie Jackson, Ty Lawson anyone?

15. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets as gutsy as any franchise you could name, but surrendering assets for player who doesn't want to re-sign would take 'em to new level</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/567896356599242752">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Agreed again. If he ends up in LA or NY, then he will make the same mistake that Melo did this summer. More power to him when he see how the fans treat him there when he can't win with a broken down Kobe or Melo.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So we did him dirty?

18. Airdough

Airdough Member

Not sticking it to the Rockets, just that effectively he wouldn't sign with the Rockets for a Lowry type deal if a much larger max offer was on the table.

If someone offers him the max, best of luck to them. If Morey didn't want to trump the offer Toronto made for Lowry, I can't see him thinking Dragic would suddenly be worth the max.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

THIS is a very strange tweet. It sounds more like they are TRYING to talk the Rockets out of negotiating for Dragic, but like assets are still being discussed. This is very weird to me.