1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Cuban: NBA should discuss allowing HGH use

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ivenovember, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/11/24/mark-cuban-hgh-human-growth-hormone-legalize-david-stern-bud-selig/3692783/

He brings up a very interesting point and think it would be worth the research/studies.

2. Classic

Classic Member

I agree.

Signed,

[​IMG]

3. JD88

JD88 Member

If every sport had an HGH league and a non HGH league, which would you watch.

That's all the evidence you need.

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

That's a great argument, but what happens when players start dying in their 40's from health issues associated with PED use?

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

just lower amount of games per season.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What are the specific health concerns regarding HGH use by adult athletes? Truly curious, because I don't know a whole lot about the subject.

What I have read is that there's not a whole lot of concrete, measurable evidence that it truly enhances athletic performance in fully mature adult males. Which is why I find it silly that people make such a huge deal about HGH in baseball, but basically don't give a crap about greenies, which DO provide a measurable boost in focus (and presumably performance).

Also, what's the real difference between using anabolic steroids to recover more quickly from injury vs. corticosteroids (i.e., cortisone injections)? Both are steroids, both are known to cause long term tendon damage with prolonged used, both allow athletes to return from injury faster than they'd be able to naturally. Yet use of one is universally banned whereas use of the latter is common place.

It's all pretty silly to me.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cuban has good ideas, and he also sometimes just talks to talk, assuming people care to listen. This is that.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

HGH isn't dangerous, they give tons of it to kids everyday. For all of the BS claims of Barry Bonds head growing, he was just a bloater. Current pictures show his head is "normal". Most steroids are easily tested for, HGH isn't a steroid and is hard or impossible to test for.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Does anyone think it is not used already in the NBA?

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Side effects always come out after several years of using a drug or medication. Too risky.

The NBA should just shorten its season. Too much wear and tear.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Which do people watch more, WWF or Olympic wrestling? I don't want athletes in "real" sports to start to resemble cartoon characters.

So, assuming everything Cuban says is correct, then who decides when to use HGH? NBA doctors? Not team doctors, certainly. Rose and Kobe could use it I guess; could Harden? The only workable way I can see is that the NBA had doctors not on any team who made the call on HGH.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Which do people watch more, WWF or Olympic wrestling? I don't want athletes in "real" sports to start to resemble cartoon characters.

So, assuming everything Cuban says is correct, then who decides when to use HGH? NBA doctors? Not team doctors, certainly. Rose and Kobe could use it I guess; could Harden? The only workable way I can see is that the NBA had doctors not on any team who made the call on HGH.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

doctors hate him!

15. Mr. Space City

hell yeah. i wanna see point guards with 55 inch verticals.