1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Troops Capture Camouflaged Chemical Plant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sinohero, Mar 23, 2003.

1. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Actually I don't think the public really knows how good or bad Patriot missiles are. Also, don't forget the government can and will use mis-information to hide U.S. weapon capability. I had a student a couple of years ago who was assigned to a Patriot missile batery in Israel during the Gulf War. Since I had heard both good and bad things about the Patriot missiles, I asked him what he thought of them. His reply? "I can't tell you. All I can say is that they are better than you think. Much better." Was he blowing smoke? I can't really say, although he didn't seem the type to lie or boast.

So did they work or did they suck? Who really knows.

2. drapg

drapg Member

DJ No Chemical Weapons Found At Site In Najaf - TV

03/24/2003
    Dow Jones News Services
    (Copyright © 2003 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--U.S. officials said Monday that no chemical weapons were found at a suspected site at Najaf in central Iraq, U.S. television networks reported.

NBC News reported from the Pentagon that no chemicals at all were found at the site. CNN, also reporting from the Pentagon, said officials now believe the plant there was abandoned long ago by the Iraqis.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've yet to hear it posited by anyone, anywhere that the Iraq had the capability of launching missiles further than 400 miles. Has anyone heard different?

A lot of pro-war folk here have asked if the finding of chemical weapons would change the minds of the anti-war crowd. I wonder how the pro-war types will feel if we don't find any.

As for me, my stance wouldn't change. I am very anti-Saddam, as I'm anti-N. Korea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran and a passle of other awful regimes. I just don't think it's our business to preemptively invade a country unless they threaten us and/or pose a clear and present danger, especially considering how many innocent people will die as a result of our actions.

Right now though, it looks like the story was false. Might want to watch that trigger finger when the sensationalist story comes from the Israeli media.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think it is critical to find something, even if we have to plant it there...:D

But seriously, this is what is needed in the world of public opinion...

It'll take some time to prove it, but to me, we need to take all the time that is necessary so we can tell France to shut the FREAK up...

Mark my words, this will be the first of many...

5. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Maybe we should send the Dallas Police over there. They've got experience with planting stuff on innocent people.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I can't believe that Fox News would make up a story like this. It is so unlike them.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This war is not pre-emptive. This is a preventive war. Iraq posed no imminent danger to the US. The Bush Admin posited that some day in the future Iraq might pose an imminent danger, so we prudently must attack now. Calling this war pre-emptive is giving the Bush Admin more credit than they deserve. Or are you a closet Bush backer???
    :)

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Just doing my part, No Worries. You know, if I don't give Bush more credit than he deserves that means I love Saddam and want all US troops to die horrible deaths.