1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US State Department Welcomes News that Saudi Arabia will Head UN Human Rights Council

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Sep 24, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, exactly - true values. Boobs. And beer. There you go.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Moldova. I knew an immigrant chick on a student visa, early 20's, from Moldova and heard many stories from her about sex and slave trafficking. Her mom is a dentist and lives in a tiny one bedroom apartment, can barely keep her lights on apparently due to such low wages. This chick and her husband have to send money home just so her mom can eat and keep the heat on. I think the number is one percent of Moldovans are trafficked as sex or labor slaves.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You see this is the point.

My rights are better than the middle east.

Our ghettos are not as bad as eastern european ghettos.

Our climate problem is not as bad as China's.

You are the richest country in the world. These are ridiculous things to defend when you are a citizen of the richest and most powerful country in the history of the world. You are not getting to share that success. You are made to work to create the money and the power, and then getting your meagre salary.

It's ridiculous. I don't accept that Americans are getting what they deserve, it's an insane position to take. It's indefensible at this point and continues to get worse. These are not claims that have been made since the 1800's. These are claims since post WW2, when your rich people made plans to divy up the rest of the world for their well being. Jobs shipped abroad, nowhere NEAR enough more sophisticated jobs created to replace the ****ty jobs lost.

It's incredible that I'm being attacked here for defending you from your people. What on earth do I have to gain from Americans getting better jobs, better pay, better healthcare and better education? Why do I give a F? Everything is free for me. If this was about some morphed version of winning, I've already won. My kids would be handsomely rewarded, educated, sheltered, educated, medically treated if nothing changes. Why would I want change?

I'm speaking to you from the perspective of someone who knows that having all the wealth in the world would not be enough. I also know that the inverse - having all the rights in the world minus the money - is equally horrible if there is in fact tons of money floating around and being flaunted in front of your faces on television and that money sold to you at obscene retail interest rates.

You're going to keep attacking me instead of discuss this, I know. Let's say you are magically right that I have an irrational bias towards the most dominant military power in history active all over the world. Let's say for your sake that regular harsh criticism of that power is illegitimate. Fine, fantastic.

Where is your money man? Where is this all this money? How are you content with this set of monkeys running for president in a sophisticated country like the US? You realize a majority of your candidates want to bomb yet another sovereign nation the moment they get elected? Why? What did you get last time? OBL is dead, Al Qaeda is not, and the cost of killing OBL's infrastructure is the birth of ISIS. Economically speaking, you all gained nothing from those two wars. Some people made a killing. How is it even possible that these people have the guts to go up there and talk about another war and another set of tax cuts? It's absurd. It's a joke. And people have less and less to lose. Meanwhile people such as yourself want to be the guy in history who compared their indentured slavery to the worst parts of the world. Just like when so many civil rights victories emerged in the 60's and 70's, there were people saying it's no as bad as eastern europe and africa and their slave owners weren't as bad as other slave owners.

Don't be that person man. You need to be asking yourself why you are not the best in every single field. Today, Germans don't accept the idea that they should be second best at anything. This is a country rebuilt through US taxpayer money after WW2 when they laid siege to Europe and executed millions of vulnerable innocents. How can it be that you don't have greater expectations from in of the few countries who went unscathed in a war that demolished the world, and ended with your country controlling 50% of the world's wealth?

Where is your money bro?

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Speak for yourself

You were able to have kids after all of those steroids you took? Congrats.

5. Nook

Nook Member

You are so out of touch.

1 person likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Must be with your transgender partner whom deserve your respect as a women :)

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Mathloom : you still unable to bring names and facts , I consider all what you have said as a creative fiction to get taps on the shoulder .

nook/Atw: there is a syndrome called new immigrants trying to prove them self as American as anybody else, but you don't have to over do this .relax .

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What the hell are you even talking about?