1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US State Department Welcomes News that Saudi Arabia will Head UN Human Rights Council

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Name one family since you claim you have seen it!?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

US State Department Welcomes News that Saudi Arabia will Behead UN Human Rights Council

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I remembered that he was a fan of Saudi. It says that I actually pay some attention to what people post. You should try it, kid.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It would be possible in theory, but his posts have been consistent with regard to blaming everything on the USA (and Israel) and constantly painting Arabic countries as mere victims of meddling, while completely denying or ignoring own responsibility of Arabic countries for human rights violations committed by Arabic countries. So, no, it does not seem like he actually changed his opinion at all. He just projects everything bad on the USA, thereby absolving the governments of Arabic countries (and himself, who worked for one of these dictatorial governments) of any responsibility.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I often find ATW to be nutball factor 12 but he is absolutely correct on Mathloom's blame gaming the US. The Saudis are backwards ass crazies and the main difference between them and the Taliban is the money. They're cut from the same fundamentalist cloth.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agree with that post (except for nutball factor 12 - our main disagreements are about Israel).

7. Nook

Nook Member

You are delusional. I grew up poor in the United States. I have lived outside the United States a great deal and have had to travel all over the world. The United States is not being crippled and USA ghettos are far better than ghettos in a majority of the world.

If you want to criticize US foreign policy for the effect it is having in places like Saudi Arabia, go ahead. I won't argue with you on many points. However you picture of the USA as being crippled isn't reality. Ideas of the USA falling have been parroted since the 1800's.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Is it 13? I forget.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The answer is 42.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Many of these guys are locked in the USA! USA! USA! mindset and can't think straight.

Keep up the excellent posts from the perspective of an liberal educated international perspective.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Saudi Arabia is welcomed by me too to join UNHuman counsel :)

Let's take Iraq for example ...if the U.S. Followed the advices of Saudis at time, million of people would 'v been saved .

[youtube]k5cx_gD4pBc[/youtube]

12. glynch

Your Islamaphobia and obsession with supporting Israel right or wrong due to German guilt or perhaps just because they Israel and Netanyahu types are a right wing beacons makes you blind to what Mathloom is saying. . Mathloom lives in a country that he admits has an authoritarian government which is supported by the US. He is afraid to speak out for fear of the consequences to his family. Naturally he upset with this behavior by the United States.

Hey Catholics in Argentina, Chile and throughout Latin America felt the same way when the US was supported their brutal dicatorships not all that long ago.

Many of us in this country are upset too.

13. glynch

You miss the forest for the trees. Too hung up on the word "crippled". Apples and oranges. How about comparing the US with modern nations with similar levels of prosperity. Why not compare our ghettoes with working class neighborhoods in Germany or Scandinavia for instance? Comparing us with Bangladesh for instance or even Mexico is not appropriate.

14. malakas

malakas Member

So do the creepy stalkers. lol @ kid

well france has I think comparable ghettos. I doubt there is any city in Europe compared to the ghetto that is the city of Detroit tho.
    I would be surprised if Norway had a ghetto too.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

LOL have you ever even been to Detroit?

As much of a dump as that city is, there are still good areas and i'd still much rather live there than (more or less anywhere) in Eastern Europe or in the Middle East.

The United States has the third largest population in the world. No **** there's gonna be some poor areas. Comparing the situation here to Sweden/Finland/Norway is odd considering those three countries probably have the total population combined of just Houston and Dallas.

16. malakas

malakas Member

lol ok buddy. Go live in downtown Detroit instead of anywhere in Eastern Europe. :rolleyes:

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

norway population 5.084 million

sweden population 9.593 million

finland population 5.639 million

houston population 2.196 million

dallas population 1.258 million

21 million > 3.4 million

18. Nook

Nook Member

I haven't missed anything. You yet again have blinders on. Reminds of the Chavez thread. The United States is huge, it has always had ghettos and it has always had similar issues. Those issues are not a result of foreign policy. I am not a big fan of US foreign policy in some cases for ethical reasons. However I also know it wouldn't be much different with another super power in a similar position. The issue is whether US foreign policy is moral and a reflection of what the US citizens are accepting of. This idea that the sky is falling has been claimed for 150 years.

I agree with Mathloom and you on certain points.

19. Nook

Nook Member

There are some beautiful and safe areas in Eastern Europe. However there are huge areas with poverty, corruption, drug problems and other associated issues. I would easily take Detroit over 75-80% of Eastern Europe.

20. Nook

Nook Member

If you think there isn't a ghetto in Europe comparable to Detroit, you are badly mistaken. I will take Detroit over Russia and the former Soviet bloc every single time and it isn't even close.