1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US/Jamaica result

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Caddman, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

The US wins 2-1 on two goals by Joe-Max Moore. The game wasn't shown on TV in the US due to coverage of the bombings. Thanks to T&T beating Honduras, the US qualifies for the World Cup. It's off to Japan/South Korea 2002! :D

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was a little pissed that all the other networks showed the NFL games, but the USA soccer game was preempted.

However, being that Mexico and Costa Rica tied, and Hondurus lost to Trinidad, the US automatically qualifies.

WOOT !!!

USA !!! USA !!! USA !!!!

Let's hope we have a better showing this time around.

DaDakota

3. The Voice of Reason

good stuff

a loss would have been a HUGE set back for usa soccer

and i really like that Joe max more guy, even his name is cool

peace

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

not soccer related, but DaDak... what is WOOT?

I have a friend that uses that word and quite frankly I'm not sure what the heck it means or stands for...is it an abbreviation?

rH

5. Caddman

Apparently the game will be rebroadcast Monday at noon central time on ESPN.

As for our chances. They should be better if Mathis, Wolff, and McBride are coming back. Reyna needs to stay healthy also.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Woot is a term of excitement used in online gaming. Not sure what it really means other then YES !!!

DaDakota

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

thanks DaDak... that explains it, my friend is a big time online gamer...

rH

8. The Voice of Reason

this is funny, because me thinks it dates back to the origional warcraft games which became very popular as online games. woot is what one of the usits saud before moving am i correct?? or was it in AOE??

but its from one of those games origionally

9. The Voice of Reason

oh and more importantly, i just watched the usa jamaica game. it was broadcast today, and i am thankfull to have the day off. that was a very exciting game to watch. and i already knew who won. very good stuff though.

i realy like what i see in donovan for the future, and there were many wonderfull exciting performances. hope everyones healthy in japan

10. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Woot stands for We Own the Other Team.

:)

11. Caddman

I didn't get to see the game due to work. I might have to take a month long vacation in June. Donovan seem to do well as a withdrawn forward and McBride as a target man when he's healthy. I guess Arena could go with a "speed kills" front two of Donovan and Wolff, but I doubt he'd do it to start out a game. Obviously Reyna staying healthy is key. How did our defense do? And who were the starters?

12. PhiSlammaJamma

woo hoo! USA! USA! USA!