1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Attorney stands up to Barr - refuses to be pushed out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And it appears he has a legal foot to stand on...

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

More details...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Late Friday night, of course. The corruption of the trump administration, of trump, and of Barr reeks. The stench is incredible. Kudos to Berman for having the backbone to refuse to be pushed out.

5. NewRoxFan

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Barr is dangerous. Smart and stealthy. I hope this a major misstep on his part. What’s the chance Berman goes into overdrive? And a possible revolt against Barr?

official SDNY twitter

7. Buck Turgidson

Rule. Of. Law.

**** this entire administration.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

There will books about this administration for years to come. I bet laws will be changed to stop abuses of power

DVauthrin, Reeko, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Hmm maybe Bolton is telling the truth

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-attorney-in-new-york-disputes-barr-claim-that-hes-resigning

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont post much if at all in D&D and generally try to stay away from politics but this is getting ridiculous.

Corruption like this is a direct assault on our democracy.

I dont care what party you follow, gop, dem, ind, tea, coffee...

...you cannot stand for brazen abuse of power like this. If you shove it under the rug right now because your party is doing it, dont forget that pretty soon the other party will be doing it....

....and there will be no coming back from all this.

Most of the failed states have failed because of corruption. Once it stains your government if is very difficult to get rid of that stain. It spreads like a virus and brings the whole system down. Corruption will be the new norm.

Do not let corruption stain our government/system by anyone/party or your children and grandchildren will pay for it, if not you yourself, soon enough.

#11 Zboy, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Black Swamp DRAINED
    Swamp a Lago REMAINS

13. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

My god, yes. We owe Richard Millhouse Nixon the sincerest apology in comparison. We’re witnessing cartoon levels of corruption and utter disregard for the sanctity of Law with this administration.

If I knew for certain that Trump wouldn’t get re-elected, I would pledge to vote for the GOP candidate in 2024. People need to wake up and remember that our ancestors fought tooth and nail for a democratic republic in the 18th century. They would never stand for this madness.

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And the Republicans in the Senate will continue to stand by and watch.

AleksandarN, Nook, DVauthrin and 7 others like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Barr is basically Trump’s hand. Both should be exposed for their high crimes and misdemeanors. Since the GOP controlled senate has shown it will not do anything to pursue justice, the remedy is at the ballot box. And if that’s tampered, let COVID take me.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  18. conquistador#11

[​IMG]

At least we're not the "Factory" outlet!

Nook, dobro1229, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What abuse of power? you can't keep creating some scenario to make yourself seem relevant forever to prevent from being fired, heck even the reality tv network that is CNN noted that this was a long time coming.

But what is this? a Seinfeld episode where you just keep turning up to work because you want to?

And doing what exactly? replacing people in the administration with their own people that they want? That's how the executive is supposed to work?

Trump's biggest mistake was not mass purging them when he first started, such was his lack of experience in government.

The checks of balances are the other branches, not other parts of the executive, man this place is just full of collective idiocy

20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Is this White House more, less, or about the same as historical administrations in terms of corruption and criminal behavior? I mean this is like Nixon part 2, but is this just what our government actually is? Obama and Carter did a good jobs, but its not like Bush I&II, Clinton, Reagan, Ford, etc were running clean shops. It feels like our government exists to extract wealth from the citizenry and redistribute it to donors and other political allies while suppressing political opposition. So many kickbacks, sweetheart deals, and inconsistent enforcement of rules leads me to realize that the system does not actually promote welfare and equality. If we are not able to be equal and promote welfare, then we need to rewrite our social contract.

Is this some Hamiltonian vs Jefferson issue? Federalism vs Agrarianism?

RayRay10 likes this.