1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Appeals Court reinstates Tom Brady's Deflategate suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by samtaylor, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Huh? Now you're saying the player he cut was good? So that would mean he did have good judgement in getting him?

Again, you're all over the place and too invested in this... Not surprising. In the end, they've all moved on from their temporary/quick-fix acquisitions that were simply just that...vs. paying more attention to a draft prospect QB than any other draft prospect QB (but in the end, he didn't like him enough to use a high 2nd on him... So there's that).

You just said Mallett was good... And my reasoning is fallacious... Got it.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pointing out your flawed reasoning.

As to Mallett, if we had Mallett as he played in the Pittsburgh game for the Ravens instead of Hoyer in that KC game, the Texans win that playoff game.

Either way, that doesn't matter, what I'm saying is that you can't say Jimmy G is good because BOB and hoodie liked him, they've also liked some really bad QB's. I don't necessarily disagree that Jimmy G might be good, I just disagreed with why you said you thought he was good.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Their actions towards Jimmy G... In regards to scouting him personally and then using actual high-round draft resources on him, outweigh the resources the Texans eventually spent on both Hoyer+Mallett (and their actions to replace/get rid of them promptly goes directly in line with those limited resources spent).

Really don't know what your other point on playing Mallet vs. Hoyer in a playoff game is about, or how it's even relevant now...but I presume that's a scenario/controversy that still keeps you up at night, so I feel bad for you.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Wow no Brady would be a HUGE difference maker vs the Pats. Let's see if this holds up.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They used the 62nd pick on Jimmy G, they used the 74th pick on Mallett they used the 199th pick on Brady.

Brady is the reason people are suggesting that hoodie knows QB's and honestly he just got lucky on that one. If you can't see that him scouting and drafting a player doesn't mean that player is good, then I feel bad for you.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Better storyline: Tom Brady's backup for a couple years VS Peyton Manning's backup for a couple years (yes I know not the same amount of years.)

JG - 2014 pick No. 62
    BO- 2012 pick No. 57

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never said anything about the hoodie knowing or not knowing QB's. Of course they got lucky... But once they realized what they had (which took all of one off-season workout... Much like Russel Wilson with the Hawks), they were pretty excited.

Similar reviews have come in for Jimmy G, despite very little game action. On the flip side, Mallet went from having attitude issues and mixed reviews... To poor reviews and worsening attitude problems. But I know you eat/sleep/breathe everything about him, along with another regressing goober in D-mo, so I don't want you to get too worked up.

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Doesn't matter, Belichick is still their coach, but it can't hurt, I guess.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that I know more about them, it's that I seem to just know more than you in general. You are trying to spin some nonsense hyping up Jimmy G for fallacious reasons and all I did was point out how you were wrong to have done so. It would probably be best if you just stopped here with the nonsense, you can't justify what you said. Sorry.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In mid-season form already?

Give it a rest... Mallet is not coming back here, everybody has thought higher of Jimmy G at every step of the way, and chances are he's going to be better at football than Mallet ever was.

I'm also glad that you've discovered the word "fallacious"... Word of the day toilet paper?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So weird that you're focusing on Mallett, but I do get how it destroys your narrative and so maybe that's why you are so upset. As to Jimmy G, I personally think he'll be better than Mallett, but that's irrelevant to this conversation about how you were basing what you initially said on faulty logic.

At this point, since you are thoroughly defeated I expect nothing but childish trolling and maybe the oft personal attack by you to try and save face......you can just skip it. It won't help.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What if Jimmy G Brady's Brady?

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When BTG resorts to name-calling and personal attacks, that's pretty much the universal white flag... Take notes.

Still trying to figure out how you had the stream of consciousness to imagine Mallet from his Pittsburgh start playing for Hoyer in the playoffs...and how or why that even came up here???

#34 Nick, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Mind blown gif/meme

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Some interesting fallout:

It would be hilarious if they picked up Hoyer to compete with Jimmy G for those first 4 games.

In order to pick up someone, they might need more cap space, they could drop Amendola... which would be an intriguing free agent.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/724695090590035968">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Options are pretty simple... he can either appeal to the same court, which is highly unlikely to take the case, let alone provide a different ruling on re-hearing.

Or he can go directly to the supreme court.

If it comes down to the latter... my goodness, what a colossal waste of this government's time and resources (as it is, this story has already been one of the biggest to-do's about virtually nothing of significance... a glorified arrest over unpaid parking tickets).

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Will this ever end? jfc

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

He should appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court.