1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UPDATED] Rockets trying to organize a "Dawg Pound"-like group of fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2006.

1. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I'm in if the price is right.

2. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I'll do it.

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I'm interested. I would like to know more about the prices and seat location. I'm not really interested in sitting on the floor in the back where I can't see anything. It's great to show up and jeer, but I've got to be able to see both ends of the court in order to get into the game.

This is probably the wrong thread to say this in, but... How do the Rockets expect fans to be excited when their star doesn't even feel like showing up? Maybe it's a chicken 'n egg thing. Maybe TMac will respond to a little energy.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Count me in.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The section is 101 and if I'm not mistaken, that is behind the basket. I don't have information on the discount, but I believe that the ticket prices are normally $50 - $55 there? Can anyone else verify?

One thing I just thought of is if the Rockets somehow pull off a trade deadline deal on Thursday, then the Warriors game would be the first game that the new player would play (assuming all physicals are passed). That's a stretch, but could be an added bonus.

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i wouldn't mind.

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I had a Rockets rep come up to me at the Rockets/Knicks game last week, and pulled me and 7 other guys in my area down to the "Dawg Pound" area in 101 last week. It was fun, much better than my normal seats, and I don't feel like an idiot anymore cheering my ass off (not that it stopped me. :p)

I guess here's a good a place as any to ask...but. I went to a preseason game, then to the Denver game in January...both had the 95 Rockets player intro. Did they stop that? The 2 games I've been to since have had different intro songs. Kinda a buzzkill early in the game when I was looking forward to hearing that again. Oh well. As long as we win, they could play Barney for all I care. Just win plz :(

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Didnt they do this for the rockets playoff games last year. Me and my cousins were outside the TC for 3 hours, and dint get jack.

Im definately in for this one.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hey, I'd love to do it, and I'm rowdy (drunk) as hell at games. But there's no way I could afford season tickets, if that's what they're looking to sell.

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

i wanna do it!!!

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA!

11. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I've actually already done it. Have a close friend that works for the Rox. I was told not to say anything, guess the cat's out of the bag. It was fun, but I lost my voice for a few days.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Depending on how many of us get to do this, we should all meet at a bar beforehand to get er, "hyped up". ;) I've only really met one person on this board that I didnt know before so this'll be a great oppurtunity... if I can get in on it that is. If not, no biggie. What's the capacity for this offer? No doubt we can fill this up.

13. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

14. droxford

droxford Member

I don't think they really want fans who will scream "FIRE GUNDY!!!"

15. droxford

droxford Member

I'm interested (depending on how much discount)

I'm VERY loud and supportive of the Rockets when I go to the games, even when we're losing.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I wish I could.. when they come to Chicago.. I will make my own Dawg Pound for the Rox. :)

Maybe all of you could do that really annoying groan like they do in college games.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Depending on the COST, I'll so be there. I'm one of the guys that always decks myself out and even facepaints myself. I am one of the loudest people in the arena, only problem.....I sit in the cheap seats.

18. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Wow, if I was in H-Town I'd be in for sure. For anyone who can do it, this is defintely worth it.

Haha, count me in Magnetik. We should start one for the 'Stros too, if only to piss off the Cubs fans.

19. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

I'm interested.

20. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Sounds good!! IMO price is gonna be a huge factor in this.