1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update on Ron Artest (back for the Indiana game?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Jan 21, 2009.

1. fattedcalf

fattedcalf Member

Shane needs somethin. he's def not the Shane i remember from last year

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'd like to see Ron come back soon, but I'd rather Tracy sat out till the Twolves game Saturday the 7th or the Bucks on the 9th. That way, it would give him 2 or 3 games to play in before the allstar break, then he would have a week rest, and get back into it. We need everyone ready to work hard and finish the season after the allstar break. No more lingering injuries.

3. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

the beautiful thing about the "better late than never" slogan is that it looks like they'll all be back before the all-star break. two and a half months of games before the playoffs and we're still 11 games over .500 and a couple games out of the division lead? if you told me that's where we'd be on 1/22/09 with everything that's happened, i would have laughed.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I love the Yao-centric offense, but we need those two to buy into it to make it go from 'ah how refreshing' to 'my oh my!' status. T-Mac is never going to cut hard or smart (at least from what I've seen over his career), but he can give good screens, and make smart, snappy decisions with the ball (while being superstary of course). If he can do that, the offense will keep rolling.

Ron has to take advantage of the Adelman system by making use of the screens and weak-side rotation to get his usually smaller and weaker defender in the post. Either that, or getting the kick-out or swing pass and knocking down his money 3-pointer. No more of his weird isos where his weak handle is over-exposed. Keep it simple, meng.

That's what I hope for, at least. Go Rockets! (It's an exciting time)