1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE): 19 points 6/10 from 3....WOW

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 17, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Since House has initially signed with the Rockets with the Rockets in October 2017... there have been over 50 threads with House in the title...

I am rooting for him, but even I was not this fanatical about Donatas Motiejunas...

mikol13 likes this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

I was never on the wrong side of House. But, TBH, this is trolling.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

obviously he's an adult... i call him a 'kid' bc he not an aged veteran... he's a youngster in the grand scheme of things...

You can go back through the old threads if you want... 'he's already been cut by 2 other teams... nobody wants him... what do you think he's the next Jordan...'

Folks were butthurt that he didnt accept the peanuts contract and lashed out - now his defenders are looking for a little payback...

but I agree that its time to bury the dissension and move forward...

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

I don’t think anybody here hates House for his play on court. We all knew he’s a good talent that helps out the team considering our SF options are dire anyway.

I think people disliked him for throwing a fit over money. It’s not that I don’t think he deserved to get paid but essentially this guy isn’t a proven player just yet. Rockets gave him a chance and even started him which got him on the map. House should be grateful rockets gave him this opportunity in the first place. I would think he has to understand rockets want to make moves in the offseason and overpaying for someone who could end up being very mediocre might not be worth it

We got guys like Gerald Green and etc getting paid hardly anything.

Plus he’s being hyped up and while he is playing good it’s just a tad overrated hype

rocks123, D-rock and BamBam like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man I've been waiting a while for House to cool off. He's due some off nights tbh, but keeps impressing.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is such a strange viewpoint. House has never had a big contract yet. Of course wanted as much money as possible, and I'm not sure him declining a lowball deal qualifies as "throwing a fit". Not his fault the Rockets were more concerned with the tax than locking up a quality player.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm still waiting for an example of anyone rooting against House. People have made this into the Clutchfans boogeyman. People are rooting for the team, and if House helps the team, it all works together.

sirbaihu likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure a guaranteed NBA contract for a journeyman who has never had one counts as a "lowball deal" and "Rockets being more concerned with tax than locking up a quality player". Maybe more like "Rockets concerned about the tax and locking up a quality player".

In fact, the Rockets wanted to lock up House, hence the 3 year contract. He's the one that resisted being locked up to test the market this summer.

Both sides of this are just spin, spin, spin.

hakeem94, D-rock and sirbaihu like this.
  9. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

house only fan! :D

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They wanted to lock him up long-term on a minimum deal. Sure, he wouldn't have been broke or anything, but I'd say they made a smart decision to decline. Clearly on track to get a substantially higher offer in the summer, now.

I just don't think "throwing a fit over money" is a good way to describe what he did. Of course somebody who has not made any real money is going to prioritize maximizing his earning potential.

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Nobody is a House hater. Most people are House Fanboy haters. I think we all want to see him do well and help the ROCKETS win.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the fact is House made the front office obsolete. People are now making these ridiculous assumptions that his agent had a backdoor deal like House was some sort of dumb person to not know his real value. The narrative was House is the villain and our 3 year ng low ball offer was godsend.

LosPollosHermanos and Houstunna like this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

Yeah, but who gets these type of deals? He supposedly wants?. Dudes been a D-leaguer and bottom of the bench guy. I’m not sure why this guy thinks he should get mad money until he’s actually completed a full successful season. He’s barley played in many nba games much less playoffs and etc

I think he’s great for the team and has slot of upside but maybe he should worry about actually having a good season first before demanding a lot of money.

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

keep it the way it is now. some players do better off the bench, I feel house is one of those players. just like I feel EG is better off the bench as well. I don't like him as a starter honestly.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What amount is "a lot" of money ??

And was the money even guaranteed ??

I'm guessing he signs 3-5 mil / 3 years.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

This is what I was talking about. Lol gimme a break with this stuff.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It’s not that people were rooting against him, it was the large number of posters claiming he was just some scrub released from multiple teams, who only produced because of harden, and not worth more than a minimum salary. Those casual fans who can’t recognize real talent and we’re disrespectful to a player who helped this team keep winning when key players were injured. You wanted to back the cheap owner instead of the guy leaving it all out on the floor making an impact. Now you want to ride the wave and give him his props

18. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOOL, so let me get this straight, you are mad at people for thinking a dude who's been on multiple teams(G league mind you) and gets open shots/drives from James freaking Harden should have just taken the money he was offered. Yea I get it, he's great, nothing wrong with betting on yourself, get what you're worth. He didnt do anything wrong. But dont act like its some crazy thought to think otherwise. Alot of the people who are House fanboys dont know crap about basketball anyways. Now you all want to sit here like you are amazing NBA scouts. And who here backs Tilman...LOL, like a super minority actually like him on here.

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I can tell you I feel alone on this Tilman Island.

House is a better fit/player for the Rockets than Lin. Lin was better fit/player than Melo. Yet there are less House fans than Lin fans and less Lin fans than Melo lovers. Yet the b****ing is all equal.

HP3 likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]