1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upcoming SI story to talk about alleged sexual assault in the Dallas Mavericks organization

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mavs fans would be gutted if their picks got pulled.

The NBA must come down hard on Cuban, even though he hasn’t been directly implicated in anything. The Mavericks should be fined, Cuban needs to be suspended for all of next season and the team should have draft picks stripped — notice a plural was used — because of Cuban’s unfathomable, inexcusable negligence. The NBA needs to send a no-tolerance message, and not just some cute talking point.

D-rock, zeeshan2 and BigMaloe like this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I read this last night after seeing the discussion on dallasbasketball.com on Mark Cuban (those MFFLs are sooooo funny). Truth be told, when I saw how Cuban attempted to clean up his earlier "denial" on Sneed, I was struck at how Cuban could go to great lengths for the abuser and yet how easily he was able to totally ignore the abused female employees. If was as if their plight was completely inconsequential to him and the other men running the organization. While I don't agree with Hill's point on stripping draft picks (because the players, coaches, scouts and trining staff did nothing wrong), I agree that Mr. Shark Tank such face a severe suspension by the league. ANd by severe I mean at least a year.

3. HillBoy

And I see that Cuban is following the damage control handbook to a "T": When faced with a sexual harrassment "situation" it's always a good "PR" move to announce the hiring of a new female executive. From this mornings DMN:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...18/02/23/mavs-hire-att-human-resource-officer

By Eddie Sefko, Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- A monstrously bad week for the Mavericks was bound to lead to change, and Mark Cuban is wasting no time beginning the transformation.

The Mavericks intend to hire former AT&T executive Cynthia Marshall in a capacity that will help lead the revitalization of the franchise, two sources said Friday.

Marshall was senior vice president-human resources for AT&T and also took on the additional role of chief diversity officer in 2015, according to a company news release.

She was named one of the top 50 most powerful women in corporate America by Black Enterprise magazine.

It is believed Marshall's title will be interim executive chairwoman, but the key is that she will run all non-basketball operations. Marshall was introduced to front office members Friday.

Oooooh! and she's Black also. My, my, my!

D-rock likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

yeah, damage control at its finest.

5. theimpossibles1

Unless you are the president.

6. likestohypeguy

That was anonymous rumors with zero corroboration, and anyway just supposedly touched his jeans, the outside of his jeans.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Definitely never expected this to happen in Big D.

Given the kawhi crap in SA and the Mavs implosion on and off the court...well

Houston Rockets are the best franchise in TX. Heck- the whole league with the best record!

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Might be time to dissolve the Mavericks as a franchise. Use the open league spot to bring back the Seattle Supersonics.

photojoe and Hippieloser like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Cuban and Portions sexual encounter in the clubs is cracking me up.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Cuban denies 2011 sexual assault allegation

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is denying a 2011 allegation of sexual assault after a weekly alternative newspaper in Oregon published details of a case that prosecutors didn't pursue, saying they didn't believe there was evidence to support the claim.

The report in the Willamette Week in Portland, Oregon, came two weeks after a Sports Illustrated account that portrayed a hostile work environment for women in the front office of the Mavericks.

The woman said Cuban reached inside her pants while they were taking a picture in a Portland nightclub. In an email to The Associated Press on Tuesday, Cuban wrote, "It didn't happen."

In a report explaining why they weren't pursuing the case, prosecutors wrote that "there is no evidence to corroborate the complainant's statement and there is evidence contradicting the claim." The report also said the woman didn't want to proceed with the allegation.

The SI report included claims of inappropriate sexual conduct by former CEO Terdema Ussery and raised questions about what Cuban knew and when.​

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Disgusting

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vestigated-for-alleged-sexual-assault-in-2011

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-m...sault-2011-charges-never-filed-054514266.html

#174 zeeshan2, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  13. HillBoy

Hey! I don't feel one bit sorry for Cuban because he brought all of this upon himself. Love it how the Dallas Sportsradio talking heads are "tip toeing" around this story today. What a dumbass!

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Haha what stations were you listening to I live in Dallas.

I believe Cuban. As of now a single allegation. Slim to no evidence.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems like nothing to me.

17. HillBoy

I listened to Norm & Donnie on The Ticket this morning and will also be tuning into Dennis & Collishaw at 3:00 (can't wait to see what Dale Hansen has to say tonight). They went to extrordinary lengths to give Cuban the benefit of the doubt. What leads me to believe the woman is the fact that she never came after him for money (ala Kobe) and as one who remembers what a party animal Cuban was back in the day, this is exactly the sort of juvenile stunt he'd pull when he was hammered. Whether he did or didn't is not the issue because it's a case of he said - she said. It's the optics that look bad here given the toxic culture that was going on during his watch. In my mind, this makes the events of the past week appear all the more bogus.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Wasn't charged but with everything we know dude is playing with fire.