1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upcoming Marvel Films (May 2012 Update)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emjohn, May 9, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Because I still doubt the Sentinels even show up. I don't think the studios want to see 50 foot purple robots in a live action film. Besides, the Sentinels and Apocalypse have nothing to do with each other. Age of Apocalypse follows a similar structure as Days of Future Past and would give the movie a the big bad that can go toe to toe with Magneto like the article mentioned.

But who knows. All of this is sending Magneto down the path that creates the guy we see in the 90s trilogy.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, studios HATE huge robots. That's why they only made 3 Transformers movies.

Sentinels were part of Age of Apocalypse, they were called Infinities I believe.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I see what you are saying.

However , Magneto is no match for Apocalypse . Shoe vs ant imo.

Mr. Sinister would be more appropriate.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Disagree. Magneto is a top class power. But he would need metal around to do the job..

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you think Magneto needs metal around to be powerful you don't understand his power at all.

6. justtxyank

Nope. The sentinels were in age of apocalypse but they weren't the infinites. The sentinels were part of the Human Resistance and helped protect the humans from Apocalypse.

7. Xerobull

Im aware of his potential, IE, reversing the Earth's poles, but I think magneto needs metal around to defeat apocalypse.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Magneto ripped Apocalypse in half once and saved the entire universe.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Was that Age of Apocalypse?

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Oh wow. I didn't know Magneto was on par with Apocalypse. I've always envisioned Apocalypse as someone who was right below Thanos in terms of power and the like.

11. justtxyank

Apocalypse wears a metal armor, has iron in his blood like all other humans and has a techno virus that Magneto has shown he can manipulate.

I'm not arguing that Magneto can defeat Apocalypse, but if he can, it won't be hitting him with some metal objects.

To the other poster, Apocalypse isn't close to Thanos.

12. Xerobull

Age of Apocalypse is hands down the best alternative reality story that Marvel has ever put out. In a nutshell, Apocalypse takes over the Americas and is culling any non-mutants out. Europe is still free from his grasp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Apocalypse

I wasn't aware of the metal part of Apocalypse. That's cool and bad for him.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not sure if this was a reply to me; I wasn't asking what it was if so. I was asking if Magneto "ripping Apocalypse in half" was in that particular story line. If it wasn't please disregard and thanks for the info in any case. :)

14. Xerobull

My bad. I misread it as 'what was age of apocalypse'

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

IMO it's the best story because unlike every other storyline that one had a definite beginning - middle - and end. The necessary components of any good story. Of course I'm sure they retconned everything eventually and ruined it.

16. Xerobull

Guillermo del Toro wants to make a live-action Hulk series.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=64151

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:816640/cp~vid%3D816640%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A816640" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com10119" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank"> Guillermo del Toro</a>, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't like the idea of a live action TV series. There's no way they can do it justice; especially after Avengers.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Have not seen this update posted yet. Hope it's true, sounds promising!

Bryan Singer Confirms ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-movie/

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Awesome!

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Good news. Well deserved huge payday for him.