1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upcoming Marvel Films (May 2012 Update)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emjohn, May 9, 2012.

1. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Agreed. I'd like to see Cyclops also. Still bitter about how they wrote him in X3.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the story on Iron Man 3's director? Aside from his IMDB resume. He any good?

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think the big thing that they are doing is giving each franchise a distinct identity, and avoiding the trap of 5 films that all feel the same. Now that the intro films are done, they should separate apart more in terms of feel. That helps keeps things from feeling recycled and old.

Guardians is definitely a big risk and I'm surprised they're so eager to tackle it. None of the members come close to mainstream recognition, and Adam Warlock is the only (erstwhile) member that casual comics types would know. But that's a key reason I'm 99% sure they'll send Thanos there instead of saving him for A2. Thanos can be the draw.

As for Ant-Man,
    This'll draw from what I was pointing at before about the franchises. If they did Ant-Man straight, it would flop. Big time. But they're going an interesting route with it, making it a Simon Pegg-Edgar Wright film (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz). The idea's to have fun with it and go more comedy/accidental superhero. Budget can also be more restrained that way. I think it's got a chance.

It appears to be dead.

Shane Black, the guy that directed Downey in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. He's good for this picture in that they want it to be more character driven than Michael Bay CGI/explosion driven. It sounds like it'll be more Tony Stark than Iron Man.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I would love a Luke Cage movie, but it couldn't be Pg-13. R is the only way.

So sad that DC is not getting a piece of the big screen pie apart from TDK. That Superman movie better be AMAZING!

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

QFT. Haven't seen Avengers yet but Loki seems to play a prominent role in it from the post credits scene of Thor. In fact, I'm not even going to read the rest of this thread on the small chance that I see a spoiler by mistake.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

From what I read, that was really Marsden's fault for deciding that playing Lois Lane's boyfriend was a better role than being Cyclops.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Thanks this is what I was looking for. Definitely much more of a chance at success if it's catered that way.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Screw the Sentinels. Time to redo a proper epic Dark Phoenix Saga. Top it off with them going to trial to defend Jean Grey and battling The Imperial Guard and Gladiator.

9. Dei

Dei Member

I'm not gonna watch Thor 2 if Kat Dennings won't be included.

10. 713

713 Member

This. because
    [​IMG]

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I still want an X-men days of the futures past movie God dammit!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I swear I'm the only person that doesn't care for the Phoenix storyline. Claremont was watching too much Star Trek when he wrote that.

13. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Look at them din:eek:saur eggs!?!?!?

The only way to out do the avengers is to bring on the sentinels.

@5:25 mark is where the action at. Just make a 30 min non stop sentinel killing action on their next movie and i be a happy camper

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Av9RtntEj_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#33 got em COACH, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Do you mean Jean Grey?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

See the one with Michael Keaton - star of My Life.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Love the Phoenix storyline, love the Sentinel storyline, REALLY love the Days of the Future Past storyline.

I think a Sentinel storyline is perfectly setup with how the last movie ended, but I don't see how you could conceivably create appropriate Sentinels in the 1960s. That will be a stretch for me to accept giant robots running around in the 60s considering what we know about the era in real life.

17. Pete the Cheat

you missed Hulk and Hulkerer? was a classic

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL no its not. We have alien dragon machines flying around in the 2000's, that's normal right?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All movie universes come with set rules and realities.

In the Marvel universe there are aliens. So yes, it is "normal" for aliens to appear in Avengers. What would not be normal is if a film of the X-Men set in an otherwise normal 1960s universe (they establish it is normal with the Cuban Missile Crisis, acknowledging a real life president at the time, etc.) using giant robots en masse with technology significantly far too advanced for the time. They'd have to have a very good explanation of how they came about getting that kind of technology for me to accept it.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The X-Men trying to make things realistic is what held the franchise back. The comics had Sentinels, the movie can have Sentinels. Easy as that to me.