1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unreleased Astros promo from 2004

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by htwnbandit, Oct 2, 2019.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

And Broncos. 3 straight years of heartbreak.

2. msn

msn Member

At least Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride made it memorable.

Robert Snyder likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Greatest frustration of my life was seeing the most talented qb in the history of the NFL never get it done. It still feels tragic to me. If Olajuwon had never won I could easily handle the fact that he played in the Jordan era. Nolan Ryan had his world series win so I was good there. But Moon, it is still hard for me to believe he didn't even get to the superbowl. In my opinion, best qb that ever played, numero uno on talent, but because he never won, he probably barely top 10 or even top 15.

4. msn

msn Member

Moon better than Manning? Elway? Favre? Brady? Montana?

I loved the guy, and he was truly a top tier QB, but some of those gaudy numbers are inflated by the ridiculous run and shoot offense that we ran.

I so don't miss the Oilers. What a dumpster fire. Too bad the Texans aren't much better.

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I very much miss the oilers. Those teams with moon were good they were not great. They struggled against average competition on the road and couldn’t win in the playoffs. They definitely had a ton of talent at just about every position when they lost to the aging Montana. That was at home. Montana completely picked us apart. Good teams not great. Inconsistent for sure.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Moon never even made it to a conference championship game. Houston has a 40 year drought of not playing in a conference championship game and zero Super Bowl appearances. Thank god for the Astros.