1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Texans' off season thread for 2014.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Raven, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If we don't . . . .should he be the last to go?

Rocket River

2. Raven

Raven Member

14d = training camp
    33d = preseason
    62d = regular season

Your welcome. ;)

3. Remii

Remii Member

Chris Clemons and D.J...??? But I don't think either are the caliber player Manning was.

Manning isn't an easy player to replace. He was a true playmaker in the secondary. You don't come across too many safeties that can return punts. When he started to get banged up the defense took a major hit IMO.

You won't find too many top notch defenses (if any) without great safety play. The safety spot is becoming a premium position...

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My friend called me the other day saying "Andre Johnson has lost it, he just showed up on set trying to kill Michael Strahan"

Ended up being a random crazy homeless person named Andre Johnson lol, he showed up on the set screaming "Im Andre Johnson and Im here to kill Michael!!"

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

More Andre idiocy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson spoke at <a href="https://twitter.com/Nike">@Nike</a> event in Ore. <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcusSmith_">@MarcusSmith_</a> asked if he’ll be a Texan in Week 1: “I don’t know. I can’t answer that question.”</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/487018131986997248">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You're under contract....a contract that is pretty much untradeable and uncuttable.....are you planning on retiring?

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Don't understand what's with this. We in Houston love Andre, but being like this is really making us just wanna move him somewhere.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The hot weather hasn't dried Andre's tears yet?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Andre Johnson returned to the NFL news cycle Wednesday. But the veteran wide receiver didn’t provide any clarity about his future with the Texans, acknowledging he’s unsure whether he’ll be in uniform Sept. 7 for a Week 1 matchup against the Washington Redskins at NRG Stadium.

“I don’t know,” Johnson told NFL.com, while appearing at a Nike event in Oregon. “I can’t answer that question.”

Johnson was a little more positive about the potential he could end his stalemate with the Texans and appear in training camp, which begins in late July. But the franchise’s all-time leading receiver in receptions, yards and touchdowns remained vague about his overall plans, while speaking publicly for the first time since May, when he expressed frustration with the Texans’ rebuild.

“Hopefully. We’ll see what happens,” Johnson said. “Training camp’s three weeks away, so we’ll see what happens.”

The seven-time Pro Bowler, who will turn 33 on Friday, missed all of the Texans’ recent offseason workouts, including a mandatory minicamp in mid-June.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien has taken the high road during the stalemate, regularly saying he greatly appreciates Johnson’s past contributions to the team. General manager Rick Smith and owner Bob McNair haven’t commented about Johnson’s holdout.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter#1569101=0&23382103=0[/rQUOTEr]

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I have little patience for millionaires playing a game whining about their situation. If AJ wants to go this route, **** him. I'll just be happy I never wasted a dollar on one of his jerseys and I hope wherever he goes ends up in disappointment since he won't be playing on my team.

1 person likes this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Seriously. If he leaves, eff him.

I'll only show as much respect for him as he shows the Texans and their fans.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Possession receiver

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Seriously growing tired of his antics. You play a damn game....a GAME for millions of dollars. Man up, stop being such a baby and a detriment to the team/city/fans.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> Andre Johnson’s absence involves standoff over $1M bonus per source. Johnson wanted to earn it back after missing time. Team said no</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/487258030816239616">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet">@RapSheet</a>, Andre Johnson told Texans he wants a trade, four teams have inquired. Next big date is 7/25, when vets report in Houston.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/487260022221438976">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe he can go to Dallas with Parsons...

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Trade him to a ****hole like Buffalo.

19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WTH? What bonus did he miss? Was it a workout bonus that him sitting out cost him to miss?
    So is he mad over the million or does he want to be traded? Is RapSheet his own multiple sources?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was originally upset that he didn't get a new deal so he held out, holding out cost him 1 mil, he wanted to get that bonus even though he didn't earn it, the Texans said no and now he wants a trade.

His contract is still essentially untradeable so they'll say no to his trade request too. Andre is handling this situation about as poorly as possible, he needs to stop getting advice from his uncle because it never ends well.