1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Have they released the WS roster yet?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The national baseball guys have always liked the Astros this season, we've gotten a ton of good pub. Our playoff matchups have been against the Red Sox and Yankees, who will always garner more attention, so they will virtually always be the main talking point, as aggravating as it is.

It makes it that much sweeter to have sent their asses home.

3. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Is nobody going to bring up a renewed rivalry from the old NL West days? It was before my time (born in '89), but the older generation claims it was a pretty big deal I believe. All I remember from playing the Dodgers is Mike Piazza mashing against us. Maybe they'll bring him on FOX instead of those other jabronies :)

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I had to hear this MF back in the summer talk about how Jose Altuve was overrated, that the Angels would overtake us in the division, and how the Astros wouldn't come near the WS. All game, we had to listen to and argue with this idiot.

Well, Mr. whateverthe****yournameis, you can go suck it. **** your predictions, **** your loser Tampa Bay team, and **** you.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, adw, Marteen and 3 others like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This city deserves it..... i want the ffffffffin ball

7. Daddy Long Legs

Skip and shannon pretend like last night didnt exist lmao. I guarantee they woulda had a segment if yankees won.

Stephen a and max were yappin from the yabkees perspective caling mccullers “mullers” and acting like they lost to a scrub

Only molly said congratulations astros lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Some of my earliest baseball memories are hating the ****ing Dodgers and that lardass guido loudmouth manager with my dad in '80-81

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Umps for the WS:

Gerry Davis (Crew Chief, has worked more postseason games than any ump in history)
    Phil Cuzzi (HPU Game 1)
    Paul Nauert
    Laz Diaz
    Bill Miller
    Dan Iassogna
    Mark Wegner

No obvious assholes or incompetents in the bunch.

BigMaloe, RasaqBoi, adw and 2 others like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

forecast tomorrow is clear skies, 86F at first pitch

11. right1

right1 Member

One of my earliest was being in the dome on 9/26/81 when Nolan got no-no #5. I was 6 and disliked Steve Sax, Garvey, Yeager, Reuss, P. Guerrero, Scioscia, Rick Monday. Steve Howe and Dave Stewart pitched in that game. That was a good team though. Valenzuela pitched 8 complete game shutouts in the 25 starts he made that year.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully in ~10 days, they'll be even more pissed.

RasaqBoi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. the shark

the shark Member

Yep the Dodgers were a big rival for years back in the 70s and 80s. We didn't fare that well against them for the most part, but we finally broke through and won the Ntl league west in that one gm playoff after we lost the last three gms of the yr in LA and wound up tied with them. Thank you Joe Niekro and that gem you pitched.

I will say one of my favorite memories in Houston sports history was in '86 when the 'Stros were playing the Dodgers at the Dome. That was a magical year for the 'Stros. Kevin Bass had hit a double and was standing on the bag pumping his fist in the air. The Dome was sold out that night and everyone was yelling, "BEAT L.A......BEAT L.A.......BEAT L.A.". It was so loud my ears hurt and you couldn't even speak to the person next to you.

It was a huge rivalry where both teams always respected one another but for the most part the fans have always had the attitude of F$&K THE DODGERS!!!

This should be a good series, and hopefully the 'Stros can take care of business.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

15. the shark

the shark Member

Let me also say the guy I freakin hated for yrs was Steve Garvey. Their infield was the same for yrs with Garvey at 1st, Lopes at 2nd, Russell at SS, and the Penguin Ron Cey at 3B.

Garvey is still talking S&$T that the Dodgers will beat the 'Stros in the WS. Garvey always came across as a clean cut dude and self righteous. That is until he was exposed for having numerous affairs while he was married.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. Nigel Thornberry

He needs to remove the A from his first name and replace it with a T.

macho GRANDE and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. Nigel Thornberry

Lesbian sex?

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Nigel Thornberry

Did you ask this weirdo why he was at the astros game then?

20. Daddy Long Legs

Id go if i was in houston tommorow. She and oprah like to give out free ish lmao

BigMaloe likes this.