1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

big papi picked the dodgers to win the series so he'll prob pick them for game 7...

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

All "destined for 7 posts" should've been posted before Game 6.

Haven't read all posts, just saying for those who didn't already say.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

How about before Game 1, you twit?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Weve made a lot of jokes about the stress, but this series has legit had a negative effect on my life.

I can't sleep well and the impending game dominates my thoughts. I feel like I'm on the verge of stroke, and that's after wins. The alternative is a soul crushing emptiness.

Aside from work(and I've missed that once) and some food runs, Ive only left my apartment once in 3 weeks.

Smacktle, Scarface281, BigM and 13 others like this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I feel ya bro

htwnbandit and Tfor3 like this.
  6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

One day we are going to read about this numbbut popping out glass on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay and. Well you get the drift. This kind of poster is in his childhood bedroom with a sign on the door saying go away. Mommy pops in here and there and asks if he wants more root beer. He rudely yells at her to F off he is busy blogging.

Easiest thing to do is to ignore hiM. Which I will go do now.

cmpatel and Tfor3 like this.
  7. Field Goal Gary

100%. I broke out in a cold sweat earlier after the third inning in a row we left guys on base in scoring position. The wife was wondering if something was wrong with me. lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I have to assume you are being facetious. If not, that is awful. If sports had a negative effect on my life to that degree, I would stop watching immediately. My gosh, I just don't understand how people can get into it to the point that it has this type of effect.

I went to 24 games this year at MMP, and THAT was the fun of this year. Nothing will ever take away from that.

I dunno. I guess to each his own. I'll leave the thread at that.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

LMAO

You don't even realize the things I could tell you.

Always drop them when speaking to me. You rarely do. LMAO

That's why a wack troll like Vonbock can't say ****.

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

For the love of baby billy goats Hinch. Give maybin or Davis some burn and put that mummified corpse of josh Redding in the bench. Old yeller his ass. He was a good dog but he is suffering. Take him for that special ride. A sack fly tonight when we had 2nd and 3rd no outs would have staked JV 2-0. Who knows what the outcome could have been. You finally widened up and put that puddle of jello Giles on the bench. Now it is time with Reddick. Most doctors don’t keep shocking the patient and calling the time of death after the patient starts to decompose. Why are you waiting. Cam maybin can not bat any worse. Hell you could give Reddick an ironing board to swing with and he wouldn’t hit at this point.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I had to keep my cool with guests and kids running around. When everyone left, i lost it. I am trying to put this game behind me. Terrible.

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Radio told this stat before @NYY.

Sounded good then, and there's still hope.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The thing is that inning was do or die with Jansen coming in the next inning. I didn't like the move at the time and still don't. Just win Game 7.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I understand your opinion and its not my goal to convince you otherwise. We all know that it cleary didnt work.

I just think the point you make about it being do or die that inning before jansen is exactly why hinch put gattis in.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

16. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Lance McCullers is gonna become a Houston legend tomorrow, he wants this moment.

BigM, Aceshigh7, Stormy1234 and 7 others like this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

100% serious, although I'm not very outgoing to begin with. I didn't suddenly become a shut in, so that part probably sounds worse than it is.

But yes, if this were regular I would give it up. This postseason has been an awful thing to deal with. I'm a very even keeled fan, so the normal ups and downs of a season bounce right off me.

My life will resume its normal easygoing course once this is over.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Unfortunately, a lot of this is fueled by what we are programmed to believe- that the Astros, or Dodgers, winning one more game than the other makes them all-time greats and the other team also-rans. When, in truth, it's kind of a bullshit narrative if you think about it.

Take the 2014 WS. Or even last year. How much greater were the Cubs than the Indians? 1 run. Yet, we heard over and over again how the Cubs were destined to be champions, and for the rest of their lives, every players on that Cubs team has that as part of their bio "Member of the Championship Team."

Because of one run.

I understand completely how that works. It's just a bit silly the narrative that is part of that- the SF Giants, b/c they found a way to score one more run than the KC Royals- got a downtown parade, a DVD video, a lifetime of "Champion" tags, etc. The Royals get zip. Completely forgotten about.

Over one run.

Don't get me wrong- I'll celebrate as much as anyone if they win it.

But sports shouldn't make us like that. A lot of fun, and some letdown.

But deep misery? Ugh. I'll pass.

This is why I mentioned earlier- are you prepared if the team loses Game 7? Can you handle that? What will you do? How long will it bother you? Is it better to just not be into sports rather than a life-and-death feel?

I was a life-or-death fan between 1986 and 1997. After I saw Stockton's shot in person, I kinda changed a bit. It just wasn't worth it. I had the ups and downs, but they were much, much more measured.

I don't have to be prepared if they win- none of us do. We know exactly how we will react.

I am fully prepared in case we don't. I will allow myself to be upset all day Thursday, take a day off on Friday, do some things to reinvigorate the juices, and put it behind.

#12218 dandorotik, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Vin2k2, RKREBORN and Red Chocolate like this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If we happen to lose I'll just focus on the fact that the MLB is basically a bunch of grown men getting paid millions to play a child's game while wearing their Pajamas. Most of the game is played by the pitcher, catcher and batter.

If we win as you said - we know how to process that!

Im going to be ok either way - I hope for a win but I am going to eventually be ok should we not get what we all want.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

This.

Rox225, Smacktle and JayGoogle like this.