1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unnecessary Cinema] A Bunch of Nobody's Remake Kathryn Bigelow's 90s Classic 'Point Break'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 26, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Looks like a perfect role for Paul Walker.

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely agree with this...and there's an eleventy spajillion percent chance I'll see this in the theater when it comes out.

1 person likes this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

What's the matter with you guys? This was never about the money, this was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. We are here to show those guys that are inching their way on the freeways in their metal coffins that the human spirit is still alive. Don't worry about this guy, okay? I know exactly what to do with him.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

"They, like me, are extreme athletes..." might be one of the most awkward lines I've ever seen in a movie.

EXTREME

Yeah. there are plenty of 'original' films out there too on a regular basis. hollywood isn't so much 'out of ideas' as it's just remakes are a constant.

5. Faust

Faust Member

this looks like nothing like the original which is a good thing. i think hollywood used the same name for advertising purposes instead of calling it 'killer surfers' or something like that.
    if you don't like it don't watch it these studios only make stuff if it makes money. if you want more artsy fartsy stuff like the bird man and interstellar then go see those movies and they will make those.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

It's basic dog psychology, if you scare them and get them peeing down their leg, they submit. But if you project weakness, that promotes violence, and that's how people get hurt.