1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unleash the BEAST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tofu--, Jan 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You all know who I'm talking 'bout.

[​IMG]

I simply don't believe that he can't contribute anything. He's a huge body, rebounding machine, and even if he gets into foul trouble, I have no doubts they'll be pretty physical fouls. He adds a toughness to the front line that we lack (hi Andersen!) and can get up and down the court pretty well. I don't understand why he gets no minutes at all, especially with the time we've invested in him.

He is raw for sure and I don't think his basketball IQ has gotten much better, but he's been generally good attitude about the whole thing and I genuinely feel that he deserves a few games or two in the lineup just to see how our dynamic changes, particularly with the way we've been playing now.

2. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

He was drafted for defense not for fouls. If he can't fill that role then he needs to stay on the bench.

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I agree. Give him a few minutes to see if he can get into some sort of defensive groove at the least. If he doesn't flow, pull him immediately. There's no harm to try, especially in our current slump... It just might work in our favor.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Didnt you watch Pre-season? Aww what the hey!! What do we have to lose.. It would be nice to see him on the court..

"This season is bonus.. This season is BONUS.."

If I say it enough times ill start to believe it and not expect to much from the Rockets.

5. Asian Sensation

Might as well play him. We're not going anywhere fast.

1 person likes this.
  6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I obviously agree, but while I think he'll have a fair amount of fouls, I still think he's a big physical post presence for limited minutes that could prove to be beneficial. I don't think of him as "HEY LET'S SEND HIM OUT THERE TO HIT SOME PEOPLE LOL," I want him to get some minutes just to see what he can do. I can't comment on his defense well because we've only seen him showcased in summer league, but he can nab us boards we might be missing on the offensive end, that I'm relatively sure of.

Let's face it, without Hayes in the lineup our post defense is pretty laughable. I love Scola but lately I've had my face in my palms with his lackluster defense. I think Dorsey can give ~10 minutes a game to spell our offensive frontmen and get us both energy and some boards. If this doesn't work, then fine. We'll know better. But with the rough patch we're hitting I think we need some sort of spark and grittiness.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Can't be any worse than DA.

8. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Yeah. Did you?

He got like no minutes. I can only say based off Summer League he doesn't seem like he'll pan out to be what Morey might have imagined nor do I think he'll be amazing, but I think he's fine as a third string center, and with our complete lack of a solid frontline, he should be getting more than garbage minutes.

He knows his role is defense and boards. We certainly haven't been winning with our offense lately.

9. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

When refs don't respect you no matter how good his d is he will get called for a ton of fouls. DA is not here for his d and the refs can't block his shots and take him completely out the game like they would Dorsey.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YESSIR DO IT!!!! I would LOVE to see Joey D get some pt...

11. PotStu

PotStu Member

I think he'd help more than he'd hurt

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I just don't get why they called him from D-league-I mean he is setting on the bench for 2 years now, I don't understand why they drafted him !! :confused:

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Drop him, sign Pops to 10 day contract :)

14. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

His physique is similar to Dwight Howard's. People actually get scared of him until they see him play ball.

15. rocketsmetalspd

With the lastest skid Dorsey should be given the chance to prove himself one last time. He has put in the work.

16. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I agree. I dont think he would hurt and it seems like he worked hard to at least have some chance to show he can play. At least give him a few minutes. If nothing else at least so we know if he has improved in game situations.

17. Francis 4 ever

The thing is his fouls aren't even hard fouls. They are in the wrong position at the wrong time, wrong foot placement, bad risk taking at the ball. It's not that he is overly physical; it is that he is dumb. No doubt about it.

18. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

want to see him play but probably won't happen, RA is too in love with TA

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

but I thought Chase was the beast :(

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luis was very similar his rookie year...