1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

University Of Toronto Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Reduced After Voyeurism Reports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. The TG's who are actually concerned with this nonsense is nearly non existent compared to those who are fighting for this right.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

let's just have unisex bathrooms and be done with it. Why pussyfoot around it. What could go wrong?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm always surprised that no one ever thinks that they are still allowing men into women's bathrooms.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6s3Fx0lq9Ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look at that person, no way in hell does anyone confuse that person for a woman ever. So when he walks into a ladies bathroom how do you expect women to react? How are they going to enforce that on him? Checking his genitals?

I mean people realize that's how it HAS to be enforced right? By checking genitals?

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is exactly why all of this is a huge waste of time. There will not be a Dong Squad on patrol lifting up skirts in public bathrooms.

I think what many fear, much more justifiably, is the language in these laws that allow for straight-up discrimination against all gays, lesbians and transgendered people on the grounds of "religious freedom." That's the real danger: that people can unilaterally deny services to others in the public arena based on their personal faith. The rest is just window dressing.

5. Space Ghost

Because this would negate the whole "civil rights" issue. Neither side are looking for solutions. They are only looking to force their point of view on the other side.

6. Space Ghost

Any private person/business should have the right to deny anyone service, regardless of reason.

And you shouldn't leave fears of discrimination to just the LGBT by the evil religious people. We should discourage discrimination on all levels.

Again, none of these agendas are about solving real problems, only to force their beliefs on others.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That would make sense...but appareantly this is a new day and age.

On all sides.

I say live and let live, and my house, my rules.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

hes not being forced to use the boys bathroom....

Or you could just ask for ID.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, you can change your sex on legal documents too. Beyond, that almost sounds sillier. Asking for ID to be in a restroom, come now.

11. tallanvor

why is that silly? IF a cop thinks a man is in the women's restroom in violation of the law then he/she asks for the persons id. Whether the person has to comply is a different legal question. Its no more silly than asking for ID to buy alcohol.

As far as changing your sex on legal documents, state governments can address that as they see fit. For example they could make the process more difficult.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This mindset has been declared illegal and fringe since the Civil Rights era. Good luck getting a wide swath of Americans to agree with you on that. If you're open to the public, you serve the public.

I don't think that "evil religious people" are the only people seeking to codify discrimination under the guise of faith. However, I am a church-going, liberal-leaning Christian and am tired of a vocal, misguided subset of Christians who refuse to acknowledge that they lost their "culture war" and instead seek to institutionalize their petulance instead of embodying a Christ-like image and helping the least of those around us.

How to propose discouraging "discrimination on all levels" if there's no compulsory instrument (ie, the government banning discrimination by private businesses on the basis of race, gender, sexual preference, etc.) such as the Civil Rights Act?

If you're suggesting that so many people find race/gender/sexual orientation-based discrimination appalling enough that they would simply avoid business that engaged in it ("market forces"), what should be done in regions of the country that, if given the chance again, would patronize businesses that engaged in open discrimination? Does the state not have an interest in preventing that?

Agreed. For all of the real problems afflicting hundreds of millions of people in America, this is the wrong fight at the wrong time.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol because it is silly that you'll need your ID to use the restroom, that's why.

Also, what reason is there to make it more difficult?

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Uh, all these queers are raping children in bathrooms all over the place?

15. tallanvor

You don;t need your ID to use the bathroom, you need your ID to use a public bathroom. Same way you need an ID to drive on a public road (silly I know). I'm not saying i agree or disagree with it, but your argument that its not enforceable because of 'silliness' is wrong.

TO prevent voyeurs from legally using the wrong restroom.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

What is the correct restroom for voyeurs?

17. tallanvor

a prison bathroom. good point. probably should rephrase that. to prevent voyeurs from taking advantage of the opposite sex in the bathroom.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's just in their nature supposedly.

It's not wrong at all, in fact Law Enforcement doesn't know how to enforce HB2, your suggestion is silly. Where does the line stop? Will they need their ID for everything?

This is going to create a lot of super awkward situations.

https://www.facebook.com/l7weenie/videos/10205678617554807/

For me, I'd rather have cops checking IDs on public streets and enforcing traffic laws than the imaginary threat of transgender women. I imagine all the lesbians that identify as female but dress like guys are going to have issues apparently with guys following them into restrooms to make sure they are using the right one.

Voyeurs are not going to let restroom laws affect them.

A man that is planning on raping a little girl in a restroom isn't going to be stopped by these laws.

So a voyeur enters a ladies room, is dressed like a woman, and even on their ID it identifies as female. Then what?

19. tallanvor

WHy would they need an ID for everything? your sex orientation isn't important to everything. Its only important when you are gonna whip out your genitals in front of others.

raping isn't voyeurism. of course a rapist wouldn't be deterred by a voyeurism ticket because raping is a worse crime. It's simple. some lady sees a dude in the women's restroom she walks out goes and find a cop and tells him/her. Cop comes and asks for ID. Voyeur is punished accordingly. no more 'silly' than asking for ID if someone looks too young to buy alcohol.

then they are free to use the restroom if their ID says they are the appropriate gender. The question then becomes how states want to allow citizens to change gender. Very simple stuff here.

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This is the single dumbest issue I can remember.