1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

University Of Toronto Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Reduced After Voyeurism Reports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Yes-and factual assertions.

If you want to actually debate, start stepping it up with numbers and facts plz

#101 Northside Storm, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Your child is far more likely to be transgender than he or she is to be assaulted by one in a public restroom, but feel free to continue the moral panic.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You found one incident. The perpetrators were arrested, charged, and convicted. Why then are restroom laws necessary? The evidence you offered shows such laws would be redundant.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's too time-consuming (and I just don't care enough about this topic) to restate the same thing only to see you argue against things I've not said, so I'll just say good luck. Keep at it, and I hope it feels good.

Using your fear of potential discrimination which might lead to violence against a particular group of individuals as justification to commit violence against a different group individuals is a tad hypocritical, but hey, again, keep doing your thing, because none of this bball politics forum arguing really means anything anyway.

5. Northside Storm

Transgender people lie about the 10% of them who are assaulted.

One incident > zero

And one incident (though not the video beating, but the application of a private unisex bathroom to a transgender individual over his will) is enough to take a case to the Supreme to uncover an inconsistent set of judicial policies that encourage irrational animus.

There are zero rational reasons to legislate for these purported bathroom fears. These are the kind of laws you want to encourage in America?

6. Northside Storm

Have a great day, Haymitch, nobody is forcing you to reply :)

If you do decide to reply again, please tell me how I am "justifying" violence by bringing up how your irrational fear, unrooted in any fact, doesn't pass the rational basis test for a state law.

Who are I am encouraging violence against, exactly?

This doesn't matter at all if your goal here is to convince people here (haha, good luck) but it matters if you want to learn, listen and think--which actually, despite outside appearances, I am doing. Will that be useless? probably, but I see no need to justify it or point it out. I enjoy doing it. :cool:

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You keep compounding on why this topic is ignorant.

-A right to enter any facility doesn't exist
    -A right should be granted on the gender identity you prefer, despite the nonsense that this isn't a preference, but something you're "born" with. There is no metric to determine if you're "born" with this nonsense or if you "prefer" it. Since you are now calling it a preference (because obviously you can't prove it either way, even if you are "born" with it, its considered a preference), unless every facility has a DNA test at the entrance, anyone can claim to be born/prefer the opposite sex to enter, so therefore, a "right to enter any facility" does indeed exist.

--Next--

A normal individual goes into the facility, takes care of business and exits. Everyone has a facility available by law. There is no grand conspiracy to persecute a certain group. If an individual, regardless if they are TG, has a odd bathroom obsession about facilities, then they should just take care of business at home. There are a lot of people who refuse to defecate, urinate or wash in a shared facility. We are not catering to their demands are we? Deal with it like they deal with it.

- A MtoF TG claims they should have rights to female facilities because they fear those mean awful men who may abuse them.
    - A private lockable room is not an option because technically, you are segregating them from both shared facilities.
    -A unisex bathroom can't work because those mean awful men will still be there to abuse those TG's.

If you really listen to your arguments, you will find they are all bull****. Its nothing more than forcing others to accept a TG's point of view. A TG is astronomically more likely to be beat outside a facility.

A fair ground should consider every facility be an unofficial unisex facility by law. (meaning its not criminal for anyone going in). Public facilities should be left to the managing party, not some bull**** law.
    Additionally, all public facilities should encourage private lockable facilities for anyone who has issues with shared facilities.

8. Northside Storm

Um, there is a metric. A medical and psychological metric.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysphoria/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Just because you're utterly unfamiliar with the medical community doesn't mean you have to infect your fact-devoid views on anybody else.

No, you don't have the right to enter any bathroom, unless you want to go and divulge your gender dysphoria, which in a transphobic society, carries a lot of the whole violence, suicide, and everything else bit. Want to? In order to perv on some women? GO FOR IT.

Really? What is HB2 about then? What are the recent waves of religious liberty bathroom laws about? The 0 incidents of sexual assault?

Did you read the ACLU brief on the ACTUAL case of a school that built a private bathroom for a TG against their will and essentially locked them away from a shared space due to zero incidents?

First of all, give me facts on the bolded.

Second, reflect on how sad that is for society at large that people are beat for expressing who they are.

A "TG's point of view" or the 14th Amendment? The courts will decide.

So you are against HB2, one would hope, and the wave of religious liberty laws
    that irrationally dilute protections based on gender identity, and make it a criminal offense to enter a bathroom that is different from the biological sex on your birth certificate?

And do you mean private facilities--that is the case already.

#108 Northside Storm, Apr 15, 2016
  9. Space Ghost

My bad. Instead of DNA tests, we should post psychiatrists outside every bathroom to determine if they are the legit.

Lets first state that I am not concerned about pervs. Pedo's are more likely to perv on boys than girls anyways.

Second, if I were to hypothetically perv, why would i be concerned about violence, suicide or anything else? Those issues do not stem from not being able to use the opposite sex facilities. Again, this is one of those bull**** excuses you are making up along the way. If I go tranny to perv on some hotting in the bathroom, im not going to automatically turn into a TG (because you're born this way, right?), so why would I be concerned about suicide or other emotional issues? And since I will be in that "safe" room away from those mean bullying men, I should be fine with a bunch of women (and now we are implying women are weak and not equal, so the feminist should be offended). Solves the violence issue. If I am going to get my ass kicked for being a fake tranny, its going to be outside the facility, which as I pointed out, is where the harassment comes from.

People are beat and bullied every day for a lot of reasons. Where is your cry for the overweight children who are bullied every day? I am sure that surpasses the .03% of TG.

I am against any law that turns law abiding citizens into criminals for nonsensical reasons. HB2 will affect non TG more than it will affect TG's.

My position is that a bathroom shouldn't be a special sanctuary for either sex, nor should we be making special rules against this silly logic that a certain group of people are being discriminated against. So yes, anyone should be able to walk into any facility. Individuals should respect the segregation sign posted outside the facility. Additionally, as I noted, the managing party of any facility should have a right to dictate who goes where, provided a facility is provided.

10. Cohete Rojo

At this point in time, I have to ask: what are you talking about?

11. Northside Storm

Or maybe, just maybe, if you're diagnosed with gender dysphoria you often have to express yourself with your preferred gender identity which will often mean OUTWARD facing signs of such--enough to get you that diagnosis. If nobody could tell what gender identity you "belonged" to, this wouldn't be a problem at all. But since we live in this boring binary world where people are assaulted for "not belonging" in the right bathroom, well isn't that the real problem.

People in this thread at numerous times have expressed the fear that their daughters are less safe with men born as men around them in bathrooms, well, that's not at all an issue statistically speaking. Same with this "pervs pretending to get into the bathroom" hokey pokey which smells of the same s**t as statistically irrelevant voter fraud. It just hasn't happened. Period. Not through decades of embracing unisex bathrooms, not through any anti-discriminatory laws.

Ask yourself this:

If there are no facts or stats that indicate ANY concern.

Why are people all of a sudden interested in legislating bathrooms? Mind you, not this hokey pokey future agenda where I and my SJW ilk force everybody to conform to s**t stained urinals, but the VERY REAL present of animus-driven religious liberty laws in the vein of HB2.

No, you're wrong on that. Plenty of transgender people have said their particular problem in bathrooms is that they are targeted for "not belonging in the right bathroom". That was in fact the root cause of the videotaped incident I brought up.

Yeah, and the United States government sponsors torture squads and death squads across the world to do its dirty work so QED I cannot debate anything ever. Also I am ARDENTLY pro-bully.

Can you try to stay away from assuming my position on a whole bunch of unrelated positions? Or at least bring some facts/statistics on your very broad statements? TIA.

Yeah, so you should see why somebody would fight very hard against irrational animus that strips the protections of all and that is targeted to one group.

Why do you think HB2 is being enacted right now? Be honest with yourself.

Right, which nobody has disputed for private facilities, and which will have consequences for public facilities should they fail to uphold federal standards and laws governing discrimination.

You live in the present where a wave of irrational regulations are being enacted to dilute down fundamental rights for ALL Americans, brought forward by the factless animus directed at transsexuals. "Where is your cry" for the Constitution? "Where is your cry" for this outrage?

#111 Northside Storm, Apr 15, 2016
  12. Northside Storm

This. If you choose not to read, that's on you, but your commentary is kinda useless if people have to constantly pick up after you ;)

13. Cohete Rojo

Your only evidence of violence against transgenders in or around a restroom shows that assault laws can be applied to cases of assault against transgender persons. Hence, redundant law is redundant.

14. Northside Storm

Oh right, because barring people entry to a bathroom systematically is something that could be easily reported to the authorities, and sure, the TG community sure trusts the police!

Hey, Cohete, guess what was reported to the federal circuit courts: a school that built a private unisex bathroom SPECIFICALLY to keep a TG away from the general population against his will.

And guess what? I bet he will win. I say this based on the past.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/colorado-transgender-girl-banned-bathroom-wins-case/story?id=19471945

Do you have any comments on the banning of children from specific bathrooms. Is that covered under current laws or are laws like Title IX inconsistent with laws like HB2? Is that a "redundant law" or an ongoing legal debate that is playing out in states, federal appeals courts, and maybe ultimately the Supreme?

Why do you think people want to legislate bathrooms now? You're a man of evidence and facts now. Tell me the evidence and facts that drive the adoption of laws like HB2. Thanks.

A+ contribution to this thread.

#114 Northside Storm, Apr 15, 2016
  15. Northside Storm

And "my only evidence" is "my only evidence" only if you think 89 transgender people and 10% of those survey takers are liars. Do you?

16. Space Ghost

Do you really have to ask this? Its the TG's who are looking to legislate facilities. HB2 is the push back legislation.
    Whether I agree or disagree, women are very concerned about full-on men using their facilities (and stop referring to it just as bathrooms). We are not referring to TG's who pass of as a female with no problem or ones who actually had a procedure, but those who make absolutely no attempt to identify with todays female culture. People like you completely disregard these womens concerns over a fraction of a percent of the population.

Instead of crapping on everyone elses beliefs, perhaps you should be more sensitive to others and try to compromise a solution.

You do realize passing these ridiculous laws will not stop TG's from being called out???

"Plenty"? Thats REAL specific. All your data is about as good as mine ... non existent.

Do you honestly think TG's will stop at private facilities? I dont think so.

17. Northside Storm

This is rich. The war over rape culture goes to "women's concerns" about trans incidents (all 0 of them) and not over the 68% of sexual assaults that go unreported. This is exactly the irrational animus I have described.

AGAIN:

[​IMG]

Push back against what exactly? "Not even remotely a problem?" "No problems?"

What compromise solution? I haven't proposed anything. I am just saying that there is an inconsistent framework of laws, some of which say one thing, and some others which are saying very much the opposite. That will be reconciled. There is no compromising with the Constitution and the judicial system.

Nobody in this thread (except briefly Invisible Fan) seems to have the galls to actually look at those inconsistent laws and cases and point out why they would not be reconciled.

If that offends you, I don't know, don't read SCOTUSBLOG.

It will stop public institutions from discriminating against a class of people for no reason, and that is good enough--for now.

Try again.

Fear the TG secret police that will overturn centuries of the balance of powers in favor of Dictator-for-Life Kris Jenner.

Again, you mean public right?

#117 Northside Storm, Apr 15, 2016
  18. Northside Storm

It begins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/u...r-student-in-virginia-restroom-case.html?_r=0

Is North Carolina willing to buck $4.5 billion dollars in federal funding for its schools in order to continue irrationally discriminating, contrary to the American tradition?

Is anybody?

#118 Northside Storm, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  19. Northside Storm

For those of you asking for the facts:

20. Space Ghost

You call it irrational discrimination. I understand you feel its discrimination. But exactly what is irrational about females not wanting a penis in their facilities, very specifically, if a school has open showers.