1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

University Of Toronto Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Reduced After Voyeurism Reports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Apr 11, 2016.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I agree. peoples' new found passion for this issue is ridiculous, but its great for moral grandstanding. I doubt transgender people even care what restroom they have to use in public.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What kind of restrooms are you using where people whip out their genitals for others to see?

Again, you are ignoring the fact that not even the police know how to enforce this.

So no, what you propose is actually ridiculous. I guess we should just station cops at all public restrooms then.

It actually is pretty simple if you just let people use the restroom of the gender they identify themselves as.

It only becomes complicated when you don't.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What?

http://www.transequality.org/

Go there, what do you see on the front page? I'm pretty sure every transrights group in the US cares.

As for people. Just visited the reddit for transgender people, can you guess what has been upvoted today?

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

It became complicated when someone decided that this had to be a high profile newsworthy event. A small percentage of Americans are transgender, and an even smaller percentage of Americans would be able to identify them if they were beside them in a bathroom.

Now the Obama admin is hinting at loss of funding for public schools for states that don't bow down to this regime and make all public school bathrooms transgender friendly? Oh yeah...attacking education and teachers is really the way to win support for this cause.

As far as i'm concerned, this administration and all their liberal agenda supporters can go **** themselves.

5. tallanvor

All bathrooms. in all bathrooms, a man has to whip out their genitals to go to the restroom (maybe there is some complicated way to take a dump without doing it that i am unfamiliar with).

u mean a cop and from reading that, not a bright one. Nobody is asking her to check every id of people who walk into the restroom.

yea cause thats whats being called for..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

that's not simple for the people who don't want penises in the lady's restroom. gun law enforcement is really easy if you just let everyone have whatever weapon they want........

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Where did the sudden interest in this topic suddenly arise from? I assume before transgender people just used whatever bathroom they were comfortable with and it wasn't an issue.

Which bathroom do you think transgender people were using before this topic blew up?

7. Falcons Talon

My gun identifies as a wallet, so I'm good to carry it anywhere wallets are allowed.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Exactly. Just leave it the way it was. It seemed to be working just fine. This is just a stupid wedge issue to keep both sides bickering like idiots.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's the stuff. *Cracks open a beer, dims the lights*

The are the hot takes I come here to see.

11. Falcons Talon

Glad to entertain you. It doesn't change the fact that Obama regime is threatening the education system if they don't bow to their every liberal transgender whim.

As far as my gun, I've lawfully carried for years, so if my joke offends anyone, that's their problem.

I'm sick to death of both sides of the political spectrum, but some of this **** is beyond ridiculous.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Correction, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (under whose administration North Carolina falls under) decided that irrational discrimination was contrary to the provisions of Title IX and that gender identity was covered under Title IX.

When you break the law, consequences happen.

Do you have a problem with the American judicial system and the rule of law?

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

And you would know this with your concerted effort to interact with LGBT people.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Of the 4 stages of grief, you're in stage 3, bargaining. I don't have a problem with unisex bathrooms, other that the support of them from the bathroom brigade is just a manifestation of their take-my-ball-and-go-home attitude. It's the same coping mechanism we saw with gay marriage where opponents would sooner abolish marriage altogether than let the gays partake. I understand the feeling; I was on the abolish marriage train for a while (and rather still think we should do it, though independent of the gay marriage debate).

Anyway, I'm down with unisex bathrooms. I just think the retrofits will be expensive.

We only want the gay voyeurs taking advantage of people.

Given how important using the toilet is to everybody, I'm sure they all care. What I think is ridiculous about the NC law is that probably almost none of them have changed their behavior as a result. Probably they've been picking the bathroom that would give them the least trouble, and they'll continue to do that to minimize how often they have to prove their sex.

Believe it or not, Obama didn't start this fight. Conservatives are the ones legislating bathroom access. The Obama Administration is just reacting to the civil rights violations that are inherent in the bathroom ordinances.

15. tallanvor

How would u stop a gay voyeur?

That makes Obama ridiculous for denying education funds. Not NC.

what conservatives? And yes Obama did start this.Or the liberal judge who used title 9 to stop a simple public bathroom policy. And if Obama wants to respond he should present a bill to Congress, thats just not how this piece of **** works though. **** democracy.

You didn't link anything and i did read the quote. it was moronic. This can be proven by you not even being able to defend the claims (cops asking people for IDs if they think they are violating the law? how silly). Calling something 'silly' is not nearly as compelling as you think it is.

#195 tallanvor, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your whole premise assumes there would be cops on duty near restrooms....

But you are right about one thing, I didn't like it. Here you go.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/north-carolina-lgbt-bathrooms-hb2-enforcement

Same thing. They seem to think the idea of having identification to enforce it is silly as well.

http://www.advocate.com/transgender...olice-will-not-enforce-anti-lgbt-house-bill-2

17. tallanvor

no it doesn't. That's like saying you cant enforce theft unless cops are at every store. Of course you can. If a cop is near by they can go tell him, if not just call up the cops and see if they come in time. simple. If cops cant make it then the person gets away with it.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

See, I don't know when people started caring about it either. I'm a well established "Liberal." as you know from my POV these people have always been using the restroom they are comfortable with and my guess is even with laws in place that tells them not to they will continue to any ways.

Just like that video there with Zeke. If he walks into a men's room, does his thing within a stall and gets out I doubt anyone cares either way. Same for any transgender woman as well.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What does that matter to the bathroom law?

He has not yet denied any funds. It is -- perhaps unfortunately -- too big a tool. Decimating a state's school system is no more realistic than deporting 12 million illegals. If they're going to enforce Title IX, they probably will need to find some way to withhold only some funding -- enough to make it hurt without compromising the future of a generation of children (of course, with the way southern states keep cutting their own education funding, it might already be too late on that score).

As for North Carolina, the only thing that is ridiculous is that they passed a law to make access to a bathroom harder.

This has already gone through Congress which is why the president has the power to apply Title IX. We already decided as a nation that discrimination in public accommodation is not allowed. Now, I'm sure this issue will eventually go to the Supreme Court which can determine once and for all whether this counts as gender discrimination. But, I'm feeling pretty confident on how the USSC would rule, even if it got back a 5th conservative judge.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay, so yes.

Lets have cops focused on restroom patrol instead of thief patrol. They are a limited resource.

These are officers of the state saying that enforcing it is problematic.

Also who in the hell is notifying these police and what right do they have to gender check people in the first place?