1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Clutch City? That is friggin awesome. Good timing too after last playoff performance.

2. csc177

csc177 Member

You need to tweet this to Rockets staff ASAP! These concepts are awesome.

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Rox better start with these sublimation jerseys..very good to market

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Ugh those are hideous... come on who the **** is designing these in the Rockets department?

[​IMG]

SLEEEEEVES!!! WHY SLEEVES?? Grey black and white?? Come on this doesn't fit with our theme at all. This is a bad attempt at something different. Frustrated that only one of our uniforms says 'Houston' too.

[​IMG]

Again, LAZY. Using the same shorts as our alternate, way to get creative. Also just throwing clutch city on there and adding sleeves... COME ON. Why the hell is there so much yellow, yellow was always just an accent color. This one had way more potential.

I won't be buying any of these.

#64 WhoMikeJames, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Those are clean as ****

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Those jersey are really Nice! One issue: The top three look fantastic, on mannequins. On a person, the featured piece (the Rocket) is under the arm pit. We'd see it in many photos of live game action, but on a fan, it would nearly always be hidden.

Another tweak, the circle around the number (an orbit) maybe should be titled like NASA does. If it's on a perfect horizontal plane, maybe doesn't look like an orbit as much.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

don't know why people hate sleeves. grown overweight men do not need to be wearing sleeveless jerseys. as for the jersey, let's wait for the actual jersey instead of these poor quality renders.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I like the charcol and black jersey.....and again I have always liked the Summer League look.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Right. They purposely made it look like Chinese takeout so it could appeal to Chinese people. Now we can go back to making it look like KFC buckets to appeal to blacks. :rolleyes:

10. malakas

malakas Member

NBA players aren't grown overweight men. If you want to buy sleeved jerseys go buy them. Doesn't mean the team players have to wear sleeved jerseys like the public. The NBA can sell sleeved versions of the jerseys just fine.
    It's only be done for one reason. ADVERTISEMENTS. All the other excuses are pure bullcrap.

Also now that I looked at the zoomed in photo ofthe grey jersey I like it even less.
    We used to have black for the shake of black, and now it becomes grey for the shake of grey.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

You can't be this dense. A Chinese take out box means more to Americans than it does to actual Chinese people LOL. The colors of the Chinese flag is Red and yellow. Why not go back to the classic theme or a new ketchup/mustard theme if they really wanted to appease the Chinese?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So the Rockets replaced the only uniform we liked and kept the ones we hate, lol figures.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People who don't like sleeves won't like these anyways, but the actual jersey may look a lot better then the low res photo we see now.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Love the sleeveless Chinese New Year ones

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I swear these "Designers" use MS paint.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trash!

Everyone wants new uniforms but I wouldn't trust them to get it "right".

Clutch City: So they took the alternate uniform, put sleeves on it and added "Clutch City". How creative!

And that grey alternate? I have no idea.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

at least our regular jerseys have more of a traditional jersey cut in regards to the shoulders as opposed to a sleeveless shirt look.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ugh...yet another thing Morey screwed up....

jk

19. bmd

bmd Member

MS Paint re-creation:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Ok I apologize you wanted to watch men in sleeveless jerseys since it makes you feel happier. who cares if it's for advertisements, it's a business. do people really look for the aesthetics of the jersey when the game is on? I actually try to pay attention of the game and pretty much forget when a team has sleeves.