1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform tweak for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm sure you're joking, but wouldn't surprise me if it was a gay/lesbian jersey.

2. flipmode

flipmode Member

it is time to revamp. this is not "a new age" anymore.

this is "legacy building time" - time to go back to basics.
    see: pistons, astros, nets, clipper blues.

C'MON LES, DO IT. I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER WITH THE OLD LOGO, NOT THIS DRACULA "R" CRAP.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Don't we have a pending lawsuit we don't want to draw attention to?

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you really just put the words "legacy" and "Clippers" in the same sentence?

1 person likes this.
  6. Theking

Theking Member

Anybody know if the rockets will still release new jerseys for next season?

Keen to pick up a new Ariza jersey and torch my ketchup and mustard CP25 jersey

7. JH13

JH13 Member

I like the alternate jersey and the retro logo. That logo we have now is garbage. The home and road jerseys need updating

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Some updates:

The adidas catalog (http://sportsworldinc.com/sports/fanshop/mens/NBA/2009/Adidas/2015/Adidas-SP15-NBA.pdf) shows some changes next season.

[​IMG]

Despite the Chronicle blog post in OP's post, at the moment it looks like the cut of our home and road uniforms remains the same... Disappointing. But this might change in a month or so as the Rockets haven't finalized details of the new cut of the jersey. Cross your fingers.

Exciting news! The fourth TBD jersey is an unreleased "Pride Jersey". Similar to the Pistons 'Motor City' jersey or the Lakers 'black and gold' jersey worn last season, the Rockets will have their own YELLOW pride jersey (source : sportslogos.net) that will probably say "CLUTCH CITY" (source: morey tweet). At least we might be getting something new.

In addition, the ugly 'Latino Night' jerseys are back next season...

[​IMG]

...and this is our X-Mas day jersey (pretty weak IMO, last year sleeved was better)

[​IMG]

and FINALLY, all NBA teams that have won a championship will have this little gold tab on the back with the # of championships next to an X (if you noticed, the NBA logo is now on the back too -> more room for sponsors?).

[​IMG]

Will keep y'all posted. THE MORE WE TALK ABOUT THIS THE MORE LIKELY WE GET NEW UNIFORMS

1 person likes this.
  9. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Exciting news! The fourth TBD jersey is an unreleased "Pride Jersey". Similar to the Pistons 'Motor City' jersey or the Lakers 'black and gold' jersey worn last season, the Rockets will have their own YELLOW pride jersey (source : sportslogos.net) that will probably say "CLUTCH CITY" (source: morey tweet). At least we might be getting something new.

I think yellow clutch city jerseys would be a great addition. I might actually consider buying one.

Maybe they can introduce them by using them as home unis for some games kind of how they brought on the alt aways.

Then wear them more and more each season and do away with the power ranger look.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Would rather the Clutch City jerseys be red, but whatevs. I'll take it.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Also with the gold tab on the back of the championship jerseys, we'll have an additional star to represent our 2nd chip. SUCK ON THAT DALLAS, WITH YOUR ONE LONE TAB!

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Its only one tab. The number of championships is on the tab.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

After choking in not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 6 consecutive playoff games last year, we don't deserve the "Clutch City" title until we redeem ourselves.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is clutch city.

Like it or gtfo.

3 people like this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I thought we could have went with "H-Town" instead but I guess that's too hood?

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Relax buddy. This used to be Clutch City, it is not anymore. We choked in the playoffs worse than I've ever seen last year and two years prior Morey pegged us at a 95% chance at making the playoffs and we ended up falling out of the race.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

A yellow Clutch City jersey could be a hit, but seeing Les Alexander's fashion taste over the last 20 years, I'm sure it'll look like bright yellow vomit with random font on it.

18. alcatrazpsycho

I was curious just how clutch "Clutch City" has been since the two championships... so I did some research.

Since '95-96, Rockets have an 8-11 record in playoff games where they faced elimination. The 8 Ws were...

'97 Sonics G7
    '99 Lakers G3 (best of 5)
    '05 Mavs G6
    '08 Jazz G5
    '09 Lakers G6
    '13 Thunder G4 and G5
    '14 Blazers G5

In terms of playoff games where both teams faced elimination i.e. game 7s (and game 5s from the '90s first round), Rockets are 1-4 since '95-96.

*sigh*

19. bmd

bmd Member

The name "Clutch City" doesn't mean the Rockets are the most clutch franchise. The name was given after the title was won. Just like "Rip City" comes from one period of time in the Blazers history or how the Yankees are sometimes referred to as "The Bronx Bombers" from a team they had way back in the '30's.

Nicknames stay with a franchise regardless of the origin or the original team it was in reference to.

20. sabesque

sabesque Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.