1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform tweak for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Get rid of the cheap Chinese character mockery fonts that can be found at all you can eat buffets. And the yellow and red jerseys.. I'm speechless. They can retain the Asian market without blatant corniness.

2. shsu33

shsu33 Member

The current logo and uniform scheme isn't as bad as u guys are making it out. We only need the shoulder cut thinned down and those silver loops on shorts and under arms need to be toned down. Trust me on this, Les will not change this concept til a championship is won using them. Then he still won't make the same mistake again changing it right after a back to back. We have to win one, hopefully more, then still wait a few years til a new identity at least. Then he will do what the Pistons and Sixers have done, which will be great. He might tweek them, hopefully, but he will not retire this concept til we get rings with them. If u think different then u haven't been paying attention all these years

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

More money.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What's the big deal? I think alternates are neat, it's nice to mix up the look every now and then. It's not hurting anyone, fans generally enjoy new jerseys for their teams and it's more money for somebody.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I guess it's worth it to sacrifice the alternates (short sleeves suck) for the sake of getting rid of the GIANT shoulders on the primary unis.

However, I won't be satisfied until our alternates, or some variation thereof, become our primary uni.

My main question now becomes, how do you put sleeves on the alternate without having it look REALLY weird considering the yellow colored side-paneling?

[​IMG]

Is the sleeve going to be yellow or red? :confused:

6. sergio

sergio Member

Someone photo-chop the current jersey with the new cut please. I want to see it.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I always though the current uniforms kind of looked like a big box when you wearing it because of the cut

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Well... Soccer uniforms change every season, so not sure what you are trying to say here?

(and thats what I like about soccer uni's, is that if you don't like em you wait one season and chances are that you'll like the new ones).

9. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Volleyball, you bet...

10. prs325

prs325 Member

Is the sleeve going to be yellow or red? :confused:[/QUOTE]

It should be yellow to cover the pit stains

11. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I honestly like these over the current ones mainly because they're unique, and because they were wearing them around the time I became a fan. Still excited for the new sleeves though

12. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Espectacular!!!!

13. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Can any of the photo shop artist make the current away jersey with the alternate jersey cut . Just to get a visual idea of what the "Houston Chronicle" was talking about . Thanks in advanced .

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

That last sentence, was that a reference to Jeremy Lin?

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The new jerseys coincided with the marketing of Yao Ming.

[​IMG]

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Maybe this is why they took down the news? Could be they're still in the decision making process.

I can hope.

17. SevenMinuteAbs

Did a pretty bad job, but this is more or less what i'm expecting, being that adidas never utilizes the sleeves for design

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

They had numbers on the sleeves before...

19. SevenMinuteAbs

Yeah but that wasn't really a design feature, it was just their because they couldn't fit them on the front.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That doesn't look bad at all, if that's how they'll actually end up looking....

I still dont buy the idea that these sleeved jerseys make it easier for fans to wear out though...the designs and colors still stand out a lot. It's all about the ads...