1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

Exactly this. Understand that as bad as Durant was, he never stopped acknowledging them as CURRYS team. Lebron needs to be catered to and wants control. The Lakers are willing to do that for him (in all likelihood it also gives them an excuse to catapult the Ball family which is kinda smart).

I’m cool with him coming here if he falls in line. If he doesn’t want to then to hell with him. Have fun on the Cavaliers Version3.0.

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so whos Morey's midnight meeting with on July 1st? you know hes meeting someone

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't even think Lebron comes here even if he tried to force a trade. It would take a miracle for a 3rd team to swallow Ryno's contract. It didn't work last year with Melo, why would it work now.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

One less year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

joshuaao and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would say one looks more staged than the other. And CP3 has never been known to mince words when he's "beefin".

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If NJ can unload Mosgov, anything is possible

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fullcourt and hakeem94 like this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lmaooo this story is such BS. CP thinks this ish is funny as hell if you havent seen the sarcastic tweet from last night yet "aint we beefin" to CEO Tad Brown.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

One less year but also cause if (and it's a big one obviously) there's a way to get a star, you throw in multiple picks to get another team take on Ryan contract, you just don't do that for Melo.

11. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

If lebron were to come, wouldn’t the pieces have to fall into place BEFORE 5 days then since lebron has to opt in before July 1? If he doesn’t opt in the rockets will have a VERY difficult time fitting him in the $129mm limit. So I read your email to mean that lebron is unlikely to come.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

After the Finals, I would say JR Smith is definitely not LBJ's boy.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hope you are doing well @Codman thanks again for all you do here

Goodbye to Staples would mean either Ariza, Anderson, Gordon or Capela. Those are the guys that have been on the team the longest outside of Harden.

Ariza we have no control over where he goes or if he stays as a UFA. I hope he stays and I am confident he would given his strong ties to JH and CP3.

Capela - Its tricky as he is a RFA it really depends on when he signs an offer sheet. If he wants to stay he could always wait on signing any large offer sheet to make it easier for the Rockets timing wise to make any moves to upgrade the team and then re-signing Capela and CP3.

Anderson and Gordon make the most sense to be moved. Gordon's value is probably at a all-time high. 6MOY two seasons ago and a finalist this past season and actually under a very good contract (considering he signed it during the summer of craziness). Anderson's value is much lower now than if he was traded prior to the start of last season. He had a really good 16-17 year despite being over paid, but regressed last year due to injury and most likely confidence issues. Anderson is overpaid no doubt but he is still a very good player and can contribute. Quite honestly I really wouldn't mind having Anderson back if he was able to revert back to 16-17 Anderson. Quite frankly I do not see any reason why he couldn't either. I only say this because I feel it would be hard to move his contract.

Interesting that Cod wrote 'if he's coming' probably means that maybe LBJ truly hasn't decided yet where he may want to go, but if he is bringing "his guy" depending on who that may be (TT? KK? - I would lean TT) sounds like it would most likely mean a opt-in and trade. Though I am not well versed in the CBA but if a player does opt in and gets traded like how Paul was last season can he be packaged in a deal or does it have to be a standalone?

Cod has his ties in PHX but its interesting he would put that out there. They have a lot of great young pieces and some vets that probably won't serve too much of a purpose. I figure they maybe a team that is willing to take some larger contracts for picks while they focus on building for the future around Booker and Ayton.

DonKnock and pippendagimp like this.
  14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so TT would forgive Harden for going out with Khloe :)

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

His Guy? Melo? DWade?

16. rockets13champs

It’s channing

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bring JR's candy ass with you then. Sall good

PatBev likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's someone that is a good pro. Can't be Tristan.. he has called JR the most resilient player he has played with, but that was before the game 1 disaster.

19. wesbound

wesbound Member

Another Chris Bullsh*t story... Our go to Sauce!

BMoney likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

Being a good pro just means you act like a professional. Channing is a possibility still. Or maybe it’s cedi Lebron really liked him