1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Under-rated move by Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Fantasma Negro

Jesus, ok we get it Morey is a good gm. You happy now I said Morey is a good gm, can we stop making threads about this **** already my God!! If you guys have too keep making threads to justify your infatuation with Dork Elvis than it may yourself that you are trying to convince. Everyone else is focused and excited about what's happening on the court and you MOFs can't breath without crediting Morey first. He's paid to do a job, he's hit and miss. More misses than hits, he's getting better at drafting and not giving up first round picks for guys like Terrance Williams (Werd Ap) or giving away picks to get rid of bad contracts like the Lin deal. He's had growing pains, no one said he sucked.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I couldn't disagree with your assessment More.

If you look at the best teams in the league today for the most part they got key players by taking them in the lottery.

In fact most teams are built around a player that was taken high in the lottery....by that team...

This team never tanked under Morey. Last year only a fool could look at that team and not think that Morey could bounce back from that. Biggest issues were lack of coaching and Dwight not accepting the role we needed from him to win.

Heading into the off season those issues could easily be remedied and they were.

Putting Morey on the hot seat after last season was incredibly short sighted when you consider the landscape of the NBA.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

His biggest blunder to me still is drafting Royce White. That was a complete waste of a pick. I mean, in the end it gave the Rockets additional cap space to sign Howard but there was some talented players they could have been drafted instead.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If Royce White's heart and heart were in the right place, he could have been a really, really good player.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To me, Royce White is an example of exactly the kind of missteps I want my GM to make, if we accept the reality that they all have to make a mistake EVENTUALLY. He swung for the fences on a guy with high upside but with real questions. Had the guy's head been able to get screwed on right, maybe he turns out to be our Draymon Green. Didn't pan out but you could totally see the vision Morey was going for there and the reason he was taking the risk he did.

hakeem94 likes this.