1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

it would have been a better video if it had background music and no commentary. what music should be used? coldplay?

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Fans on this site don't appreciate James Harden enough. Strange thread.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Not to mention half the time referees will call that a foul.
    I love James, but giving up like 3-4 easy baskets a game will kill us in the playoffs.

If all else fails just stick Harden in the post as a post defender.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Dude focuses on the ball and not the guy he's supposed to be guarding. Guys that move well without the ball have the greatest success on him.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HloT19M1-Io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's the internet. More people log on to complain than compliment.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Nah...James is the man!!! We are just nitpicking! But, the valid point is he expends so much energy offensively that he takes off some defensive plays and it becomes an obvious target for criticism.

But, no way should anyone not appreciate James Harden. He is right up there with Hakeem, Moses, Calvin and others as far as top Rockets ever to dawn the uniform. And, he's made his mark in only two seasons here. It's astonishing how good he is. He would be insanely good if his defense was at the same level as his offense. And, what better way to see that than in the playoffs where every play counts so much.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I used to think James Harden was a great defender, but after watching this vid, my view on him has decreased. He is now just a good defender.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We respect Harden plenty. He is are bona fide superstar who is not even in his prime. We just also consider his defense offensive, which is true. ;)

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

True. You would expect a thread asking if he should be considered for the MVP discussion and you would expect people on this BBS to continually make fun of Presti for trading him away and... oh wait. :)

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

Must have learned that from KD. Difference is KD has long arms.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's just a bunch of LOFs.

13. tmacfor35

Ha I wish I could dig up the old thread, but I had a few of them saying that Lin was a better player than Harden. Lord have mercy.

14. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

James Harden is absolutely the reason we are successful.

But for those of you saying you could make the same video of every player in the league... yeah you probably could... but the problem is that if you compiled everyone's bad defensive highlights together, Harden's video would be 5 hours longer than most others.

It's just hard to imagine us being a truly elite team with such terrible defense... I mean if Luke Babbitt is blowing him up wtf is going to happen in the playoffs? Sure he does a lot on offense but it's just effort and basketball IQ on the other end.

15. tmacfor35

He will have to play pretty well on defense to get rid of that stigma.

He deserves to get dogged for his D, but I just think it is weird that there are constant threads on it. It's a well known fact that he doesn't play good defense.

We should have more threads praising his offensive play that has been on par with Lebron and Durant.

16. tmacfor35

People overlook Parsons bad perimeter D as well. But can you blame him? Chandler Parsons is going to get paid a lot more than Patrick Beverley.
    One concentrates on offense, and the other defense.

17. Iron21

Iron21 Member

Somebody should tweet him this video, maybe it will light a fire under him.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Going by your moniker do you remember anyone "appreciating" McGrady when he led us to the playoffs? I don't. I remember a lot of posters bashing him though. This is just how fans on message boards are.

Even if you go look at the heat forums, you'll see they criticize Lebron James quite a bit and he's the best freaking player in the NBA.

19. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I remember those. I had one argue with me that we did not know if Lin or Harden was a star, especially from fan reaction. My mind was blown at the idiocy.