1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Feb 20, 2014.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As part of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo the US did pay Mexico for the lands Mexico lost. Also the US agreed to take on the debts that Mexico owed to Americans who had settled in those territories.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was/am serious. I'm a bit dubious about whether Dubious was serious, but it works for me. The sanctions, the international backlash, the upheaval in the Russian stock market, the slam to their economy and, most importantly for Mr. Putin, the financial hit to his cronies probably adds up to more than what Ukraine owes already. It wouldn't be a wash, because Putin would get away with stealing the Crimea, but closure of a sort would be welcomed by a hell of a lot of movers and shakers in both business and various governments. In my humble opinion.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I was serious, seems like they cancel each other out.

1 person likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm glad you were serious, because I think the idea is brilliant. Probably too brilliant for the parties involved, unfortunately.