1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH vs UT Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by chocolatebear, Sep 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

So how come UH no schedule OU?

2. blink

blink Contributing Member

I supported ut when they played usc, ut fans should just ignore the silly bandwagoners and support the texas team... Should they make it to a bowl

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

1) We've played OU since we played UT

2) They won't do home and home

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

The hell are you talking about? UT has as many fake fans as the lakers haha. So I guess a bunch of random people are on the UH bandwagon huh, not all the students and alumni who are posting here. We bleed cougar red in good times and bad. Blind and blatant homerism mixed with 5 ounces of t-shirt fans is the recipe for UT, not UH.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What's a T-shirt fan? Somebody who likes to support their team by buying apparel? That's a T-shirt fan? So basically, you're jealous your school can't sell merchandise?

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Nope, get with the times before you get indignant and make yourself look silly old man. A t-shirt fan is someone who does not go to a school, has no affiliation with a school, yet supports it like they do. No really, I'm upset my school isn't pushing product. Gah, hoodie sells are down this quarter????

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

So basically, just like 60% of the rockets board here that have never been to a Rockets game but only watch it on TV. THEYRE T SHIRT ROCKET FANS!

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't think going to the game makes you a non t-shirt fan. I've gone to UT games and I'm no UT fan unless they are playing a team outside of Texas.

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What does going to a game have to do with it...the fu...nope, you know what. Go to an applestore or your local library. Get on the internets. Look up what tshirt fan means. Get back to me. I'll wait.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

All the people that walk around talking trash about the team they root for that they have no connection to. Ex. Miami Heat fans ;). In San Marcos we have so many UT fans that talk mess yet don't go to the school, have no family that goes/went to the school, yet cheer and fight for them. I just don't get it.

I personally will cheer for UT if they are playing schools outside of Texas, because I love the state of Texas. But I care way more about Houston, and College wise TX State, than I care about anything in Austin.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Somebody who doesn't go to UT/A&M/etc school has just as much right to root for UT/A&M/etc or whatever school they please. Just because I pay tuition and board fees here at UT doesn't give me "exclusive cheering rights". That's the beauty of sports. Some people who did not end up attending UT, grew up watching UT, admiring guys like Ricky, Roy Williams, and VY. Similar for many A&M fans and many fans of schools throughout the nation.

As for talking trash, everybody talks trash. As a kid, I used to trash talk about the Rockets. Never had been to a Rockets game. No affiliation whatsoever minus watching it on FSN/TV. Does this make me some heartless bandwagoning Rockets t-shirt fan?

I'll wait until you acknowledge that I'm right.

1 person likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

At least you admit your problem. ;)

[​IMG]

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

start debate -> I post valid argument ->ccorn post stupid picture because ccorn can't think of something valid to say

still waiting

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've been stating my case. And people with argue both sides of the argument. I think I'm right, you think you're right. Who cares, can we just go back to trash talking? haha.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

First you indignantly talk smack about a term that you don't even know. Then you do it again. Then when the simple concept manages to pierce your brain (I thought it did), you go on a rant about how someone with a history of growing up watching and admiring UT should have the right to cheer for them....then they arn't tshirt fans! It's not that hard dude!

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Lol explain to me how your term isn't covered by what I just said? Since you haven't actually defined anything or said anything to state your case. All you've said so far is "look it up" or "you just don't know it".

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They also went to Michigan a few years back and Oregon too.

18. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Unless we can somehow schedule the 2005 Longhorns or at least the 2009 version I am pretty uninterested in pitting perhaps the best team in Cougar history against an off-year Longhorn team. Yeah, maybe it would be our "best win"...but it sure wouldn't prove anything on a national level.

Maybe McDonuts is right and the UT pass defense would make it a closer game than I think...but I think we deserve a little better, even with an unimpressive schedule than a game with a marginal top 25 team.

I indulged this "What if" a little a couple weeks ago, but after destroying SMU and Tulsa....I want a shot at one of the big boys. (Big boys being defined as a team with a great record and big wins in 2011)

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

UH has nothing to offer Texas. Its like the Dynamo calling ManU out.

20. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Forgive my lack of European soccer knowledge but isn't ManU almost constantly winning championships. UT claims 4....1 in the last 40 years.

Four more than UH sure....and 1 more than SMU....Impressive stuff for a National Powerhouse.

1 person likes this.