1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH To Name Sumlin head coach Friday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/14845191/detail.html

UH To Name Kevin Sumlin New Coach Friday At Noon

POSTED: 9:16 am CST December 13, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:52 am CST December 13, 2007

HOUSTON, TEXAS -- The University of Houston will hold a news conference at Noon on Friday to introduce their new head football coach. College Football sources tell KPRC Sports Thursday morning that the job will go to OU receivers coach Kevin Sumlin. ESPN is already reporting that Sumlin will be the choice to lead the Cougars. Former UH coach Jack Pardee had also remained a candidate as of Wednesday according to published reports.

"I don't have any comment on the ESPN report this morning," Maggard told KPRC Sports Thursday morning. " We will make an announcement Friday and I can tell you there is a news conference scheduled for Noon Friday afternoon. "

2. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

anybody know anything about this guy?

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I was a little leary of the Pardee thing, but have no clue who this guy is...My friend who's a an avid OU fan and graduate has no idea who he is either...Oh well, maybe he'll bring Josh as the O-coordinator...

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

bob stoops coaching tree, I like this hire

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

His name has been thrown around from the beginning of the search. I think this is who Matt Jackson thought it would be all along.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are you happy BCA?

I'm kidding