1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH @ Rice

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 30, 2004.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Here we go. This is our year.
    Cougars 73 Rice 6

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rice still has a football team? :confused:

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I hate to say it but the Coogs may start the season off at 2-5.

Rice- Blowout Win
    OU- Oh Boy
    Army- Blowout Win
    Miami- Oh Boy
    Southern Miss- Lost
    TCU- Lost
    Memphis- Lost

I don't understand why Briles would put Miami and OU on the schedule in the same season. Just pick one and put a cupcake on as the other non-conference game.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

That sounds about right, GO COOGS!!

Going to get tickets for the Miami game at Reliant. What do you guys think will be the crowd difference at this home game? 80-90% Miami fans?

5. surrender

surrender Member

We need the bling, I guess. UM and OU are going to give us a nice amount of money for these games, which our athletic department needs.

Besides, football programs don't gain respect by playing cupcakes.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Of note, Conference USA championship in 2005.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Miami doesn't even get that kind of ratio at home - it's not like y'all are playing a team with a great fan base. It'll be a home game.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

We DO need money. The program's incoming revenue vs. expenditures is INSANELY bad. Like, "they've considered ditching football" bad.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

FYI...

HOUSTON IS ONLY A 3 PT. FAVORITE!!!!

This will be the easiest money you'll make in your life. Last year's game was a 48-14 blowout in the Coogs' favor. I'm not placing any other bets this week. This is about as close to a sure thing as you can get!!!!

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I wouldn't be suprise if UH upsets either OU or UM.

Go COOGS!

Remember the Dream started here.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Settle down man. UH should just be quiet and take their assrapings from the Big 12 and hope that nobody gets hurt.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just to inject some reality into some of these delusional coogfans, I would like to point out that Rice and UH are 2-2 since the opening game series began 5 years ago. I would also like to draw attention to the line being 3 points in favor of UH for this game. These blowout predictions are absurd. Rice is better than you guys think. I for one would not be shocked to see Rice beat UH. We have a very veteran team and have seen your gimmick offense at work once before.

What's truly hilarious is former UH athletic director Dave Maggard's claim a while back that "UH shouldn't lose to Rice in ANYTHING." I wonder what he thinks of today's scenario, where Rice absolutely owns UH in basketball and baseball, and the resumed football series tied at 2-2. In fact, in head to head athletic competitions across all sports ast year, Rice won 13 times, UH won 3 times. That, my friends, is a sh!tstomping.

RICE OWNS UH

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I guess we should learn to take it in the azz like the way UT takes it from OU every year or how A&M takes it from Tx.Tech or how Baylor takes from... well everyone else.

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah its nice money for the Coogs but I think Bowl Games help you get good players to sign with you and it may be hard for them to reach a Bowl Game this season. They should have put TSU and P.V. on their schedule :D Kolb would throw for about 700 yds in each game lol.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kind of funny how you didn't mention how A&M also takes it from UT every year...

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

They will blow out Rice, but OU and Miami will be tough...I think they can win 1 of these two, and I'm picking they beat Miami...

Go Coogs!!!

Coogs: 171

Rice: 3

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Beat Miami??? Are you serious. Miami is a NFL farm system. If they stay within 25pts I think thats a victory for the Coogs. Im a Coog fan but I gotta call a spade a spade.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think the Coogs can hold their own against anybody from the C-USA. Yes, all 3 of these game are on the road but I don't see them losing all 3. TCU and Memphis can be had.

19. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

The Coogs will score a ton of points in both games but they just can't stop these two teams. Thats why I think they will lose. I would like to see UofH and Texas Tech play. That would be a shootout.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Stop underestimating them! :mad:

Coogs: 298

Rice: 3

:D