1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH QB Headed To Philly

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, as I read it there is a section that would be appropriate for a forum, but the forum does not exist, which sends it to the catch-all forum, The Hangout. If section headers were suppreme to forum headers, it would be appropriate to talk about the geology and the Rockets in the NBA Draft 2007: College and International Basketball and NBA Dish because the section is called Lets talk Rocks.

Forum headers are superior to section headers. If I start a thread about the polo game that I played in Houston the other day, it does not belong under Astros, Texans, Comets, despite it qualifying under the broad terms of Houston sports.

2. msn

msn Member

baaahahahahahahaaa

It took you a while to cook that one up! Geology?? Bwahahahaaa!

3. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I'm glad for Kolb. The best thing for him is to sit and learn for a year or two. My guess is Andy Reid saw something in Kolb that made him worth a high second round pick. I don't see Kolb seeing game time even if McNabb isn't healthy this year or maybe even next year. I have the feeling Kolb is a long term project to replace McNabb more then he is a quick fix when McNabb gets hurt again. Unless they trade Feely or Holcomb, there are two backup QB's ahead of Kolb on the depth chart.

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

That would be my guess, also.

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Does Andy know he isn't supposed to do something so radical that it blows the minds of everyone at ESPN? Those poor guys are going to need therapy after Quinn fell to #22 and Kolb was taken at #36.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I personally don't know what the hell they were thinking but maybe it will all pan out. Hey, McNabb did. :)

7. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Congrats to Kolb. It would be cool to see him and Jordan Palmer (who got drafted by the Foreskins) battling it out for the NFC East basement a few years down the road... ;)

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

...and Dynamo, UH and Rice sports teams.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tune into SportsCenter 11ET to find out why McNabb is shocked that Philly drafted Kolb.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The article in the Chronicle indicates he was shocked, but not necessarily upset.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry. Would you point out where it is listed? Apparently I missed that.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Go back and dig up the original Texans 2007 draft thread in this forum. It stated that all draft threads anywhere would be merged and moved over here regardless - I know because I startd a generic draft thread in BBS Hangout that got merged into the "Texans Draft" thread over here. So for better or worse lots of houston connected NFL talk comes over here, which is not a big deal.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Can't list every team....too long.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Funny how this happens...It's his ego...although, they just played a clip on SC on how just two weeks ago he wanted the Eagles to draft a QB...I think it was because it was so high...Plus his contract is up for renewal...

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nothing against McNabb, but I would like to see Kolb start a few games next year.

He'll probably get his chance given McNabb seems to be made of glass lately.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Im sure he will since Mcnabb hasn't been fully healthy for the past few years.