1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 25, 2011.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yung-t and SJC, i'm sorry Bayern lost. i was rooting for them. To bad Robben missed the Penalty.
    I hat it when the defensive minded soccerteam loses.

Terrible how the Bayern fan's treated Robben yesterday. It was funny how mad Van Marwijk and Van Bommel were. They both sort of said that Robben should not come back to Bayern next year. If I was Robben I wouldn't return to bayern.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was mad as well. But the people booing were complete idiots. There were also people who started "Arjen Robben" chants. As I said, I like Robben. At least he had the balls to take the penalty. Losers like Tymo didn't even want to take part in the penalty shootout so that Neuer had to shoot one.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Can't believe so many idiots booed Robben yesterday, must've been a terrible night for him. He knows he is semi-responsible for the CL title loss and already feels like ****, the fans should've cheered him up yesterday. The Dutch players like Sneijder, van Bommel, Boularouz all said he should think twice if he wants to play for us next season and I understand that. Hope we get this under control before the season starts or things will turn ugly.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I was able to watch this game at Nevada Smiths in NY. Simply incredible atmosphere.

That being said, it was a bad day to be a Spurs fan.

:(

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't have access to that friendly game and have just read about it now... wow. That must have really sucked to be alive that day if you're Robben. What the fans did was wrong, but is it bad if I understand? I'm not a Bayern fan, so I'm on the outside looking in.

But if that was a Liverpool player sucking it up in a CL final due to playing selfishly, I don't know if I could hold back jeering that player too. Especially if the whole stadium is doing it. It's not the right thing to do, but I understand.

At the end of the day Robben did put in effort, so not like he quit like Torres often did before he left for Chelsea. Watching Robben and Ribery play was frustrating as schitte though, even from a non Bayern fan.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You dirty b*stard. So jelly. (Prolly fourth best place to watch it outside of Allianz, the city of Munich, or West London)

7. ferrari77

I'm sure you meant "win".
    Your post is funny to me because I basically got the same message from my good buddy from Amsterdam.

The Dutch love that "sexy football" so much it's incredible. To the point where Cruyff is saying he'd rather not win the Champions League playing ugly football like Chelsea did.
    That is downright madness to me.
    If I have to decide between my team playing "sexy football" and exiting in the QF or SF or my team playing boring and winning the Champions League(a trophy they've never won and sought to win like every other club in Europe) then it's not even a contest imo.

Funny Dutch:grin:

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Cruyff's statements are right if you look at it from a marketing perspective though. I think Bayern gained more new fans and sympathy after the game than Chelsea did, and it's not even close. Look at 2010 Inter, people said they had the right tactics and mindset, but no one admires them now.

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah I meant to say Win:grin:

I like "sexy football" much more than defensive minded football.

But do not wory, if the Dutch national team wins a big tournament by playing ugly football I couldn't be happier.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's a combination of the players on Inter and Mou. They bring a lot of hate.

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It was surreal. Grown men and women crying. Tears of both jubilance and dejection.

What a sport.

12. ferrari77

Oh for sure that's true. On the other hand, I'd rather have my team win(regardless of style of play) and not gain new admirers than have my team play sexy and gain new admirers. Lol.

Like Reeko said, that was Mou's Inter. Mou's team's style of play rarely gains many admirers though.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bayern apparently had talks with the management of Javi Martinez, Mathieu and are also targetting Dzeko and Matias Suarez. All in all would probably cost around 65mil but we have the money and it would improve the team in a huge manner. Really looking forward to the transfer period.