1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Champions League 2009/10

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Honey Bear, Sep 30, 2009.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The Special One and Pep have to be the two best dressed managers/coaches in all professional sports leagues. Those two are two of the most sartorially splendid gents on the planet.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Haven't seen Robeben for a long time. Does he still bury his head while dribbling?

Dutch is promising, but we need some character pitbulls there, otherwise I just fear 08 euro cup all over again. Russia, hello.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Inter has a good chance now. Italians (plus Lucio!) know how to defend. I still don't agree with Bayern letting Lucio go, that was just dumb.

But it doesn't matter whether Inter or Barca makes it to the final. Bayern will beat either team :cool:.

4. ferrari77

Maicon makes one reconsider!

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

That defense is practically Brazilians. Materrazi and Santon are the only Italian defenders and they ride the bench.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I went to a River Plate- AC Lanus game in Buenos Aires last year - the two coaches, neither of whom could have been over 50, both wore tight designer jeans and a loose white linen shirt, which elegantly matched one of them's flowing, impeccably kept shoulder length locks. hilarious.

Edit: Here's the coach of AC Lanus - right out of the pages of a Ralph Lauren ad:

[​IMG]

#86 SamFisher, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Inter is the Utah Jazz of the Champions League. the play dirty and the refs give them the calls.

see you in Espana you ****ers!!

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

sí homo??? :confused:

9. ferrari77

No, señor. Puedo apreciar la ropa de los otros señores bien vestidos. Ahora usted señor, usted es un homo? :confused: :confused:

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What a joke of a decision by the Italian referee to send Ribery off for that. That was clearly a fight for the ball, and he was just a step late. That was NOT a red card.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mazyar?

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-Q5iMev180&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-Q5iMev180&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

One of the best goals I've seen this year, enjoy. This guy has gotten better with age.....

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

No homo here, either, man...but, c'mon... I wouldn't use SUCH LANGUAGE for a guy... I'd use it for Christina Hendricks... :eek:

14. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

Inter 1- Barca 0 when I went into my meeting. I couldn't believe they lost 3-1. Looks difficult but hopefully they can pull it off.

15. ferrari77

Ah but you asked first.
    It's all good, lets get back to thinking about our lady- Ms. Hendricks! :) :cool:

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So anyway, I really hope Ribery will only be suspended for one match - his foul deserved a yellow card, but it was clearly not intentional, he was going for the ball and was late.

17. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I don't know wth was Lyon's #41 doing lol..why is he avoiding the ball?

Anyway, another awesome goal by Robben...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ec7OH9AXWM&hl=zh_CN&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ec7OH9AXWM&hl=zh_CN&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Real Madrid is a joke..sold Robben and Sneijder and now what?

18. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

The defender does not want to make a weird deflection, but Muller did so that was some tough luck..

Anyone know what happened to Klose? Is he injuried or just not good enough to play? Its so hard to watch that backup striker for Bayern.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I know the Dutch are loving it :D.

Congrats SJC, it seems like you need the Dutch:D

In the postgame talk Van Gaal forgot who they played against, he said that Bordeaux played defensively :grin: .

Robben really loves being substituted :eek:, Van Gaal did good telling him to cool down when he was substituted. My gues is Robben still remembers in 2004 against the czech republic when he was substituted by Advocaat for Bosvelt and we we gave away a 2-1 lead and lost 2-3.

Robben also made a comment about that Bayern play the song "tulpen van Amsterdam" (translation: Tulips from Amsterdam). He prefers a Song from Groningen (another Dutch town in the North of the Netherlands), he grew up close to Groningen.

It feels strange rooting for Bayern, but wich so much Dutch influence how can I not root for them.

20. matpio

matpio Member

I don't think it was intentional either, but that doesn't mean you can do that, especially 5 meters away from the ref. I think it was an "orange" card, some ref would have given him only yellow, some ref red.
    Really bad game by Lyon, they will have to show much more Tuesday. We're lucky to be down only 1-0.