1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UDFA Gary Clark signs a two-way contract with the Houston Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Getting better by the minute

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

To be fair, he was in the game when Melo got hot for 10 straight points. He’s part of that run but Melo was the story. I did like that one corner 3 block of his though. He might iron out!

D-rock likes this.
  3. StrawberryJamm

Seems like our Kevon Looney, just knows where to be and how to not get in the way. Theres value in that, when some of these reserve lineups get going with Gordon, Melo, Gerald Green, Chris Paul, etc we just need someone to switch on D and not disrupt the flow. Hartenstein will be useful in certain matchups but in others who's our best backup 5 for switching onto Damian Lillard without getting roasted or hitting a wide open 3? So far probably Clark.

D-rock, jboslett, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I feel like we have too many gunners in that second unit, and not enough glue. I don’t love the Melo/Gordon overlap off the bench.

StrawberryJamm and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like the PJ Tucker comparison and have mentioned that myself in the past. As soon as Clark was drafted I hoped he would stick to Tucker like glue.

Clark seems to have a high BB IQ and great fundamentals. He knows where to be. He moves the ball. He boxes out. He is hitting 3ptrs and isn't hesitating when he is open.

It makes sense for Morey to put him on a 2-way and keep a roster spot open for flexibility. But Clark could easily be a full time roster addition.

He can play 3-5. And be a small ball 5 on this team.

What is interesting, is it is clear that MDA seems to have some decent trust in him already which says something about a rookie. That speaks volumes. I could see Clark getting minutes ahead of Hartenstein, Chriss and Zhou for backup 5.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm almost hoping for a trade so we can see some roster spots open up for Clark and Bruno. I know Bruno hasn't been super impressive but his size and length have me drooling - and that's another Carl Herrera thread headline. "Report: Jmwilliamson drooling over Bruno's size and length."

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. valorita

valorita Member

A cross between Battier and LRMM

8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Bruno is still a year away from being a year away. He gets lost on defense way too much.

Williamson and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed . Bruno , Chriss and Qi are longshots at this point .... with Chriss having the best shot due to how good Harden and Paul can make players like him look .

We have Hartenstein (who actually has some awareness and BBIQ ) to soak up backup C minutes . But I can see PJ , Clark , and melo also getting time at the "5"

hakeem94, seeingredtx and dje243 like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do not waste his time down in RGV. He is ready to play quality NBA minutes immediately.

BleedsRocketRed, hakeem94 and dje243 like this.