1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. Debt tops statutory Debt limit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

We can only hope. There's the political bedlam that is FoxNews.com that he could post on.

2. Classic

Classic Member

lol! I guess expressing a lack of confidence in our government these days is enough to bring the sensitivity out in some huh? I'm just tired of all the special interest B.S. of the last 10 years and knowing all my working years will be going to pay for the greed and mismanagment of the generation before me.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm just talking about straight up classic Keynesianism about spending stimulating demand - no real economist disputes this, they can't, they wouldn't be taken seriously.

So it's left for the tea partiers of the world to argue otherwise.

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

People don't want to be rich anymore...they just want to look like they are.

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

more like the 1950's. In the 20's, 2% of homeowners had mortgages, in the 60's, 80% had mortgages. It was the beginning of the spend now, pay later attitude that has since crippled this country.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess - it used to be amusing I must admit, but now it's just juvenile.