1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. ambassador, 3 American diplomats killed by protesters in Libya

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 12, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

If you think "hate' speech is a type of violence, the you don't know much about speech.

#libtards.net

2. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

You know what I find amusing? That you consistently get your ass kicked on here by a bunch of libtards on an internet basketball forum.

I also find it amusing that the best candidate you can muster, Mitt Romney, is getting his ass kicked by a man that you believe to be a complete failure. What does that say about Romney; the best your party has to offer?

But then I find a lot of things amusing - for instance the fact that Romney limits his interaction to vetted outsiders with approved questions yet still manages to make a complete fool of himself. How is that possible?

Or the fact that people in your own party say that Romney's proposed policies are fictitious empty promises that cannot possibly be kept; except the ones that call them outright lies.

Hell, even diehard party-liners are defecting from the failure that is your candidate.

That one I find hilarious.

3. gwayneco

First off, you and all the other libtards here are completely devoid of any human decency whatsoever. Second, your boy Barack Hussein Obama got to approve all the quotes used by Michael Lewis.

#libtards.net

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to get into angry crowd mentality. As you said, even some if the ones you went to ended in breaking windows. Lets not forget the was no murder or attempted murder in Egypt. In Libya, it was not a protest, it was a planned terrorist attack.

Look, you can brush over the while thing by calling it wallowing about victimhood, and it may seem small to you in the grand scheme of things but it is plainly a misrepresentation of reality even if the Egyptians view is also a misrepresentation. Such things have never been ignored. Americans would never accept it of someone told them to react to 9/11 by not wallowing in victim hood. Egyptians very much consider Americas relationship with Mubarak to be an invasion and an act of terrorism (and state terrorism at that). You may and do disagree with this, but this sentiment exists.

Can they ignore it and move on? Possibly. But lets look at the alternatives, for example what you have suggested: the opportunity to build a "great"society. Leaving aside just how much this sounds like the allowance a parent gives a child, this possibility is no longer appealing to these individuals. The ability to be globalized, have sky scrapes, sexy schools and a far growing economy aligned to western interests is a defunct proposition. For most Arabs, that's a tried and tested model which ends with the same problem: they don't completely own their own country. You wouldn't accept this and they're tiredaccepting that. What's there ceiling? Japan? United kingdom? Theres two models that are "in" now: imperial ambition or neutral independence.

1 person likes this.
  5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

clicked 'view post'.

lol'ed.

thanks!

6. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Go take a nap, sweetie. You are embarrassing yourself.

7. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

I think we all know for whom this was intended. And that's lunch!

8. gwayneco

Talking to your worthless self I see.

9. gwayneco

You need to take a trip to Tahrir Square and publicly urinate on a Koran.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Never underestimate America's capacity for hubris. It plays to the national ego. er, exceptionalism.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Does Google have the ability to check every posted video for hate speech?

Can we start the Department of Anti-Hate Speech to monitor every wacko American citizen who posts something anti-religious on the Internet? We can have a 24-7 network news channel with a ticker apologizing and distancing the US government from every instance of hate speech identified on the Internet.

And I can finally report that crazy homeless guy on the corner who says I'm going to burn in hell for not accepting Jesus as my savior. That guy is DANGEROUS.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Google does check every video for hate speech. They deemed this one not to be hate speech and made a devestating error - I guarantee you they won't make it again.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Perhaps you should take a break and come back when you have it together a bit more.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Some retart makes an offensive film in the US that sparks murder and violence thousands of miles away... I see a problem.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man those people over there need to relax. they get trolled too easily.

16. gwayneco

Maybe you should take a break and come back when you can borrow a brain.

1 person likes this.
  17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I would guess the NSA does. But what would it say about freedom of speech if they did remove them? These movie guys are getting just what they intended, but the problem is still with the violent actors. The world is filled with differing views, in the long run you either win the war with your ideas or you loose.

18. gwayneco

Are we really going to hold what we can say or do in our own country hostage to the passions of foreign lynch mobs?

If your answer is some of form of “yes,” then you might want to explain why U.S. citizens aren’t justified in attacking Egyptian or Libyan embassies here in America. After all, I get pretty mad when I see goons burning the American flag, and I become downright livid when a U.S. ambassador is murdered. Maybe some of my like-minded friends and I should burn down some embassies here in Washington, D.C., or maybe a consulate in New York City?

Of course we shouldn’t do that. To argue that Americans shouldn’t resort to mayhem while suggesting it’s understandable when Muslims do is to create a double standard that either renders Muslims unaccountable savages (they can’t help themselves!) or casts Americans as somehow less passionate about what we hold dear, be it our flag, our diplomats, or our religions. (It’s hardly as if Islamists don’t defame Christianity, Judaism, moderate forms of Islam, or even atheism.)

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Google is a private company and capable of policing the content on it's properties as does clutchfans.

the problem is deeper for sure, but these movies dont just reveal the problem, they exasperate it. The U.S. gov't can only condemn it and launch campaign to educate people in the Islamic world that most Americans respect Islam. But that effort is missing and needs to be done.

20. gwayneco

Egypt Consulate Houston, TX Information

Address:
    5718 Westheimer Road
    Suite 1350
    Houston, TX 77057

Contact Info:
    Tel: (713) 961-4915, (713) 961-4916, (713) 961-4407
    Fax: (713) 977-0323