1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[U.P] Kyle Lowry - Houston Debut (2.20.09)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

just watching videos of him in Memphis and now seeing him today, he probably is the best guy on team at driving to the basket and drawing fouls; plus he finishes great, using his body to shield the defender(s). Wanna see more of what this guy has to bring.

2. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

sweet!
    keep it up,Kyle!

3. lewell

lewell Member

If T-mac can play like Lowry.....Rockets can be...

4. opticon

opticon Member

Kyle reminds of way old steve francis used to drive to the hoop and absorb the contact. He does not have the freakish athleticism that stevie had in his youth. But he does run the fast break much better and is more committed to defense then steve ever was at this same stage of his career.

This was a really solid pickup for the rockets I have a feeling that Adelman and our coaching staff with be able to develop Kyle into a even better player then he is now. I really think Kyle will be able to play the role that I wanted Steve to play in his second go round with the rockets.

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

True he seems a lot like steve francis but much more controlled. I see a bright future for him.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I was at the game and after that play Adelman told Yao not to call for the ball like that again :D

Yao is too slow and his hands are not good

On topic, liked what I saw of Lowry.

7. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Kyle is going to benefit from practice immensely, he has to see exactly what you can/cant do when passing the ball to Yao.

8. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

i wonder what nickname we should give him??

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL ... you want Yao to break his leg again or something? Yao can barely stay on his feet for routine plays. No more lobs to him in the fast break, please!

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I really thought Kyle had a good debut and with more time getting use to our system, he'll start looking even better.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think Clutch is happy about the trade.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Watch that last play, his body type and the way he moves, the way he turns on the jets and bulldozes past everyone in transition, it looks exactly like Deron Williams out there.

13. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Prior to the Celtics championship in 2008, none of their top players were hall of fame material. KG. Ray Allen. Paul Pierce. NONE of them.

All it takes is ONE championship.

14. onreego

onreego Member

I think the present was sold by Tracy. Management more than likely believed that this team is not a contender without a Mcgrady-talent player, and gave up Rafer for the team's future. While this team has the opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs, they are no longer considered to be a contender. If thats the case, then it was probably better to get an upgrade now to develop the offense further along than to wait.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but by the time he got to the rim, the other team usually had the ball.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hahahaha

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not if you close the gap and attack, it is why I wanted VSpan to stay, he could shoot, just not the 3pters.

DD

18. mms

mms Member

AB is poor man's AI, Lowry is poor man's Adrea Miller.

19. ibm

ibm Member

i think there is a possibility that lowry will start over brooks in the future.

20. tmacandyming1

tmacandyming1 Member

Lowry fits more in Rick Adelmans system. I see him as a very good player in the future. I think the trade made us better and AB showed us last night that he is ready to take the starting role