1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson: "I really do want to rape her."

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Free Agent, May 28, 2003.

1. johnheath

johnheath Member

What a depressing thread! It isn't a downer because of Tyson's words, but because some of you are calling this woman a liar, and ALL common sense says that Tyson most probably attacked her.

Tyson grew up as a violent street thug.

Tyson beat his first wife.

Tyson maimed Evander Holyfield.

This is a violent man that clearly has no control of his emotions, and rape is an act of violence. Use you head people- calling this woman a liar is disgraceful.

As for the fellow who claims the heresay that Desiree told a group of girls that she set up Tyson, I don't believe that for one second. Tyson's people would have her back in court ASAP to recover the money if that were true, and the witnesses would walk off with a pocket full of cash.

2. johnheath

johnheath Member

Did you see Tyson biting off Holyfield ear and spitting it to the canvass? How about the battered face of Robin Givens? Perhaps you have seen Tyson in an orange jump suit?

That is the real Mike Tyson. Don't let the fog of celebrity cloud the reality of his infamy.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Street thugs are scary people, and from your other posts I believe that people who think like you mr johnheath are also scary.

4. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

If that is a true account of what happened, then he raped her. A woman has the right to say no at any time; even "the last minute".

5. towel

towel Member

Hear hear.

6. johnheath

johnheath Member

Tenchi, your post is as enlightening as your signature.

Just for grins, how do I scare you?

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

I dont know if this counts for anything but tonight on The Pulse, Tyson himself said that he was never a model citizen but he still has issues from his trial and prison stint. It seems like thats carried on into other other areas of his life. As for his trial, a lot of things just didnt add up to me.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Both, my wife and I, after seeing the interview, felt that Tyson did not receive a fair trial. It appeared that his counsel was not the best representative for him and it seems there was a significant amount of evidence left out of the court proceedings. The most damning part of The Pulse's story was the fact that one of Desiree's old boyfriends had a similar rape accusation thrown at him after the couple had what was apparently consentual "fornication". (Was it me, or was it pretty funny that Tyson kept cussing throughout the interview, but seemed to always go to the "fornicate" card whenever he wanted to say f**k?)

It was a pretty enlightening interview, although I was frequently distracted by checking out Greta's new face job. What the hell happened to her hair?

Anyways....Tyson definitely has problems. I think a significant number of them were self inflicted, but there are some that I question whether or not he became like a caged animal at the zoo and everybody put him on display for his oddity. His case is tragic in almost every sense, except for Don King...the crook that he is.

9. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Who is to say the last minute was not after the fact.

"I can't believe you did that" could be considered a "no" as well as a post sex comment. That is beside the point. the point is she stated that she went to the room (at 3:00 in the morning after being out with Tyson) and she stated that she NEVER ONCE went there with the notion they were going to have sex, she thought it was simply to "talk" so that does change the complexion of things as now she would be lying under oath when she stated that she never intended or considered having sex with him.

You are telling me you think that she went to Mike Tyson's hotel room in the middle of the night to talk? About what? What kind of conversation does a 19 year old beuaty queen from a decent upbrining have with a guy who grew up in an orphanage and beats the **** out of people for a living.

It has happened to a family member of mine, so I know rape and what it does to a person is a terrible thing, and NO ONE deserves to endure anything like that. No matter who the perpetrator ishe has no right to do it, but in this case youhave to say, she sure as all hell was not cautious and actually down right stupid for going to ANYONE'S hotel room in the middle of the night to "talk" to a stranger b/c you never know.

If my sister had showed up at a hotel room of an athlete or any person she did not know and that happened, I would still be angry, but I would also thik that what she did was not very intelligent.