1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lalala902102001, Mar 5, 2007.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I picked up Chandler late in my fantasy draft and he's been HUGE for me.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

It's a zero sum game, and you can't win every transaction. The Mavs lost the future two-time MVP for nothing, but look how loaded they are now. The Bulls have otherwise done so well, it's difficult to fault them for the Chandler trade. They are so loaded with young talent that they are the only team whose name is seriously dropped in Garnett trade discussions. On top of that, they will be getting NY's lottery pick in a very deep draft this summer.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let me admit that I've never been impressed with Tyrus Thomas as an NBA prospect. He isn't skilled enough to be a 3 and isn't strong and tall enough to be a 4. All he can do is jump, block shots and slam dunk. Chuck is a lot stronger than Thomas will ever be and uses his low center of gravity as an advantage. It's one thing to be short. It's another to be light and weak. It's another to be both, which describes Tyrus Thomas. The only hope he ever has of being a PF is to become such a dynamic perimeter player that most PFs won't be able to guard him. Since that is unlikely, he remains an unskilled jumping jack of a SF, which is quite the contrast from Tyson Chandler. They are not similar players. Let's talk again when Tyrus Thomas can guard centers and Chandler can keep up with SFs.

4. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

Ironically, Chandler started being good just after the Bulls got rid of him, *and* they got rid of Elton Brand years ago so they could take Chandler instead. So that's twice that they've come out on the losing end of the PF transaction.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Well, it's one thing when you play like you're trying to prove yourself to everyone and another when you play like think you're already an All-Star. Hayes gives 100% - Thomas expects things just to come easy. It's like Carmelo Anthony with only a third of the talent.

Evan

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Melo is a very hard worker off the court. He has continually gotten better by developing his offensive skills. Melo's on the court attitude is the problem. Thomas is exactly the same player now he was last year with LSU. I don't see a lick of difference and don't expect him to be any better next season.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

chandler is a rebounding and shot blocknig machine. he's finally stayed healthy as well.

THe bulls did mess up by letting him got and overpaying for wallace.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They messed up by letting Chandler go. Definitely. But "overpaying" is the most overused exaggerated concept in the NBA. Teams like the Bulls are going to be over the cap for a long time no matter what. Who cares if they pay more than what Wallace is worth, its still an improvement and they will still be over the cap regardless.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But "overpaying" is the most overused exaggerated concept in the NBA. Teams like the Bulls are going to be over the cap for a long time no matter what. Who cares if they pay more than what Wallace is worth, its still an improvement and they will still be over the cap regardless.

actually the bulls will not be over the cap next year. they are a young team and just b/c you will or may be over the cap in the future, it doesnt mean that you pay a maxed out contract for a guy who basically has already had his best days.

is it an improvement? isnt their record worse this year than lasts to this point?

and they wont be over the cap, like i said next year.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

TC was huge for me last week on fastbreak (salary cap)

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Picked him up late in my draft, has been improving his stats as the season has gone by, think of what could have been if had come to Houston, him and Yao would be a true twin tower tag team.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Someone in the league I'm in cut Shaq when he was injured and I signed him. Yay!

I just wish I knew how the league worked. I've fluctuated from first place to nearly last all season (currently third), and I don't know what I've done right or wrong to get there.