1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler punches Dwight Howard in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Apr 27, 2015.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

It looks like clutch posted it on twitter a few minutes ago. You can see D12 trying to get Chandler off him, then Chandler takes a swing at his back.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't know if he even connected with Dwight but this.

The story is not out there; no one is talking about it, no one cares. Except Rockets fans. No video of it, no GIFs of it, no Vine of it, nothing.

Don't hold your breath on him getting suspended. Not happening.

Edit: Clutch just put out a Vine of it.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

any punch whether it connects or not is usually a 1 game suspension if it connects its usually more but we'll see what happens. I am sure the Rockets may have sent video of this to the league but hard to see them actually do anything about it

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The punch is similar to Ariza's elbow to DeRozan that got Ariza suspended a game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nrgd5v184Xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't connect but intent was there. Likely no suspension for Chandler, though.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd rather they didn't suspend his punk ass, tbh. Don't feel like hearing "y'all only won because Tyson was out."

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

That's a punk move, Tyson has lost my respect recently because he's not playing hard, cannot handle the physicality of the game and resorts to cheap shots like this. Indeed if Dwight did this, media would be all over it!!

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dunno if they'll consider that a punch. Didn't they both get techs on that?

It was more of a forearm shiver.

Tyson Chandler plays like a b*tch, though. He whines at everything. He slaps Howards hand down repetitively, and each time throws his own arms up like he is being pushed around. Grow up, dude. So frustrating to watch that team of floppers. It really took us out of our game. Howard seemed hesitant to match the physicality because the refs were clearly watching him after Carlisle's comments.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm actually concerned that Dwight could get hurt in the next game. The Mavericks were clearly mad after the first three games, feeling like he bullied them around and wasn't getting called for fouls. They were taking liberties with him all game long in game 4. Leaning on him, holding his arm down, Chandler pushing him in the back after nearly every Mavericks made shot as he went to take the inbounds, etc.

I worry he's going to get pushed or something during a dunk and come down hard on that knee. :(

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

A win is a win, especially in the playoffs.

Dallas can complain all they want, as they'll be on vacation. :grin:

10. jk103

jk103 Member

If that's a punch by Chandler then how is that not a punch by Howard? Closed fist came down on his shoulder.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's the highest resolution of the "punch" I've seen and it looks pretty blatant. At first I assumed no one would be able to judge definitively if it was a punch or just a swing at the air in disgust (Dallas' would be defense) but now I can see that Dwight actually reacts to the punch and tries to get the ref's attention immediately.

If that footage only exists in this CF bubble nothing will happen. If CBS, ESPN or Yahoo get it soon then I think he'll get suspended.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This was never shown on the Root Sports feed.... not in live action (they had cut away to the other side of the court) nor on replay, so I didn't see it until today.

It's a punch, no doubt. I don't think there is enough buzz on it for the league to do anything. They will let it slide I'm sure.

1 person likes this.
  13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Just sent Fran Blinebury an email to see if he can obtain footage. I want this **** out on the interwebs. I bet if this happened to a golden state player it would be front page of ESPN

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Honestly, Howard kind of swung too.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I rationalized last night's game thinking they could see how the Mavericks were reacting when they were down and knew they would resort to something dirty at home, so they just gave them the win and let's see them try this in our house Tuesday. Stupid rationalization, but I slept better. :)

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Does anyone know around what time of the game this happened?

17. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

"Missed call"

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It was downward so i don't think that counts as a punch by the NBA.

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I saw that too. Tyson probably going for a punch but playing it off as an elbow swing like what Dwight did to him.

Meh, playoff basketball....move along...

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

howard didn't punch, he was trying to get TC off of him and then TC retaliate by swinging at dwight. should be a suspension IMO but he probably won't get suspended.