1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler or Kendrick Perkins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by javal_lon, May 18, 2011.

1. Zackery

Zackery Member

I know this thread is about Chandler and Perkins. But I have to say, Jeff Green was the worst starting PF in the NBA defensively when he was with the Thunder. Trading him away was sort of an addition by subtraction.

I like Jeff Green, but he was not a great fit for the Thunder. This just goes to show you how good of a GM is Sam Prestie.

2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like both players.

I think that Perkins fits what the Thunder need.

Tyson Chandler, the same with Dallas.

I'd like to see Chandler land with the Rox maybe.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

tyson had a plus number in the loss
    kendrick had a minus in the win

this isn't even close

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People saying Perkins is injured as an excuse to how he is playing now are wishing upon a star...When he was in Boston , he basically played the same way but the "KG" effect made him look like a decent center...IMO, his only attribute was being "a big body" for setting screens, giving hard fouls, ....He fit in well with what Boston had become over the last couple years...Now he will be exposed as what he truly is ....A big body who sets screens and gives hard fouls... But I will say that if OKC wins the West , then he's done his job this year...I envision him getting no more than 25 minutes a game or less, next year and beyond...Maybe even playin himself out of the rotation...

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

West benifitted a lot from CP3, and he can't really do anything by himself. Marion was a great defender/rebounder, but he can't create his own shot and was getting paid the max. People tend to forget but he was a poison contract on the Suns before Nash arrived.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No. Perkins is clearly less mobile than with Boston. He can't guard one-on-one effectively because his knee isn't there yet. When healthy, he is an elite post defender. OKC didn't sign him just to set screens.

I watched Perkins in Boston and every game with OKC and the difference is noticeable. If his mobility doesn't improve next year, oh well. If it does, OKC's defense will go up another notch because their perimeter players won't have to help down low.

Perkins will never play much more than 25-30 mins/game at OKC because he's so pathetic on offense. One of the worst players in the league in that regard.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

chandler would have made them much better imo

8. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

John Hollinger's thoughts on the OKC/DAL series:ESPN