1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyreke Evans to Pelicans - Kings won't match

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dakeem1, Jul 4, 2013.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Good move by the Kings not to match. Evans in my opinion has some upside but his offensive skills at this point in his career do not warrant that type of money.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

now they have jrue, tyreke, and eric gordon? :confused:

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And Rivers, who, admittedly, stinks... but still.

I think their new owner doesn't really know what he's doing.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Don't worry about E Gordon. He'll be recovering from another injury anyway.

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Whats happening in New Orleans?

O well can't get to mad same division!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can Stern still stop stuff like this for the Pelicans for "basketball reasons" and what have you?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bwahaha. Horrible move

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is certainly big enough to play the SF, I wonder If that is what they have in mind?

11. B-Bob

He won't care as long as he can do all teh shooting part.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you watch him last year? All he did was play solid defense and take what was given to him, his efficiency and selection was MUCH improved. He is not selfish like he was in his first couple years. Solid 7-8 million dollar player with some upside.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

FWIW a starting lineup with holiday, vasquez, tyreke can all handle the ball and pass.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well that's one thing the Kings did right.

15. B-Bob

I'll take your word for it. I liked to listen to a couple of Kings games here and there on NoCal radio here, but I didn't watch them last year.

It just seems like whatever he has done, for many years now, never translates to winning basketball games. But he's been in a real pit in terms of the organization, coaching changes, etc. I thought he'd been around longer than four years, but that was my bad as well.

I've checked his stats now, and his true shooting was way up, his turnovers down, and his win share was up as well. Looks like a good year in a bad situation, but well, it was a contract year too.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

B-Bob, SF means Shooting Forward.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Reke will be a joke at SF. They must be trading Eric Gordon for a SF or C.

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Don't forget about "Dad's Biscuits" Vasquez -- he might be the best of the lot.

Are they planning on going super small ball? They must be planning on trading Vasquez and Gordon -- for their sakes I hope those trades don't fall through, otherwise, watch out. Also, trading Vasquez would be dumb, and trading Gordon is either going to be painful (because of the bad contract they get back) or a straight salary dump.

I think we have a leader in the club house for the league's new most inept GM.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think that makes them really interesting...assuming Gordon can stay healthy. Could be a fun team to watch.

They're from NOLA, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them, even if they are in the West.

20. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

His TS% is up, but for his career, both his TS% and eFG% are below JLin. Steal % and A/TO are worse than Lin too.

I think most here (even the LOF) would agree Lin is overpaid at $8.3 million per year, at least when only considering basketball and not marketing. At $4 million per year, everyone would love him. Fair value is prob $6-7 million.

So, Tyreke at $11 million/year is wildly overpaying. It's true he can create his own shot, but it's often a low % shot. This is not the kind of guy you want to give a building block contract to, especially at a wing position where many players are interchangeable. Not only that, Reke has the major weakness that he can't shoot 3s, so he really limits the kind of offense you can play.

NO is taking themselves out of contention with this Reke signing. Their salary cap is now committed for the next 3-4 years, with a core of Davis (great potential), Holiday (solid), Gordon (highly uncertain) and Evans. Looks like a team that will never get out of the 2nd round.