1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyreke Evans is now Restricted!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bleedrockets, Jun 25, 2013.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How was he so good as a rookie?

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Because he played like 40 minute a game?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Probably the best PG in the league right now. Too good that he'll cost an arm and a leg, so hopefully Marley doesn't gitr dun.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Guys seriously...

what position is he??

6. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

firebomb his position is chucker

I honestly haven't seen someone with a worse selection since his teammate marcus thornton.

Man thornton,tyreke, and cousins what a group of utter garbage basketball IQ

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

*don't read, just my opinion spewing on your computer*
    Seriously, he's been a PG for a really long time, HS, College, Pro. Apparently the Kings want to try other positions, but why would you try to turn Oscar Robinson want-to-bes into something else? Only a King would know.

*read*
    Okay, enough of what I think. 82games has him at SG based on minutes played in that position. It went from 28% as a rookie, to 2%, to 0%, to 0% at PG. His production has gone down with his position % change. His PER went from 22.2 at pg to 27.3 at pg to unused at the position. Brilliant usage of skill, Kings!

8. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

The kings sure know how to utilize a player

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He has to be a sg because he's a chucker. Pgs have a lot of responsibility because they always handle the ball first, if the pg doesn't know how to set the offense up then the team is doomed to failure. PER is nice but it is an individual stat, while the PG's performance can drastically affect his teammate's production. This is the main reason why players like Iverson/Marbury/Francis have failed consistently despite posting amazing individual numbers. The only time you can have this kind of low bball iq chucker as a pg is if you have 4 defensive guys who don't need the ball ala Philly when AI reached the finals.

10. trowa2

trowa2 Member

give him to the spurs or bulls, he will be a star

11. verysimplejason

if and only if he'll listen to the coach...

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He could be a pg, but he dribbles the ball and shoots it. Then they made him a shooting guard, which would have worked...but as soon as he got the ball he'd shoot it thinking that was his job. So they made him play small forward last season. His true position is chucker.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Reke wasn't as good as people think and the last 1/3 of the season was dedicated to making sure he finished averaging 20/5/5.

I watched a bunch of their games and could go into detail but just don't feel like repeating it all again. In short: I was on the bandwagon (leading it) for about half of his rookie year but two consecutive games (against the Cavs and Lakers) completely changed my opinion of him. A light bulb went off. It became clear he wasn't bright at all and his teammates couldn't stand his presence on the court. Paul Westphal deserves a chunk of the blame too.

Didn't watch him much at all last season but it seems that he (1) still can't shoot, (2) has no left hand and (3) very little court vision.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

One of the most boneheaded players that play the guard position today

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Its not good to be a Kings fan.

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Most suited as a back-up combo guard on $5M/ yr.

Can't run an offense and pass well enough to be PG. Cant shoot well enough to be SG. Not big enough to be SF.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

People go overboard calling him a chucker. He was not chucking last year nor was he dribbling a lot the whole possession.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Glad you made this comment because I didn't see Reke much last year.

Serious question: Is he starting to figure it out? Does he still always need the ball in his hands to be effective? Is his jumper any better? What about his left hand?

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

He still needs the ball in his hands to be effective but he wasn't ballhogging. His usage was down from the previous 2 years I believe. His jumper is about the same. I'm not very high on him but I don't think he's a chucker. I definitely think he needs a change of scenery. Keith Smart was a terrible coach.