1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyreke Evans: 130 MPH

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sew, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Can money also by your way out of a deadly accident if you also die?

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont think he was passing those cars at 60 mph.

At 2:25 it looks like hes going really fast, but there arent that many cars around him to make an assessment. Once he catches up to cars just passed the 2:30 mark, I dont see his speed being around 130.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

As things go with pro athletes I would say Tyreke handled it pretty well. Admitted his guilt, apologized, didn't give the cops a hard time...even got his friend to turn himself in after the fact. I imagine he didn't think he was being reckless because these guys have been told their whole life they can do anything. Probably a good lesson for him - if really obvious to the rest of us.

In general I don't have much sympathy for pro athletes but in this case I think he handled it pretty maturely for a 20 yr old although part of it I'm sure was the DA having his attorney by the balls with that video. I'll also echo the sentiments earlier that in those high performance luxury cars, the feel and handle is so smooth at high speeds that it really doesn't feel like your being dangerous.

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

"The leader is black..."

WHOA WHOA WHOA TOTALLY UNNECESSARY

1 person likes this.
  5. Karolik

Karolik Member

Can't believe there are people defending someone going 130 mph on the freeway -_-.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Take his license away for 5 years.

7. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Wow are you serious? I say he got off pretty easy

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I would say he got what he deserved I got pulled over for going 120 mph keep in mind it was open highway and know body was on the road. I had some fines and 80 hours of community service. I just recently bought a 2007 750 bmw and I constantly get up to 90 to 95 mph on 45 in traffic and can't tell I'm going that fast. While I'm not condoning what he did because its wrong and put people in great danger I do know how it happened. He also handled it the right way so much respect for tyreek I will be cheering for him nxt year as long as he's not playing houston lol he's a great young player the nba needs more players like him he has a very strong family connection with his brothers as do I so I really like the guy a lot.

9. Htown's2kFinest

130 in a car like that would feel like going 60 in my car. but that was reckless n stupid passing cars one lane beside him while going that fast. at least give yourself more room for error. i use to speed all the time like Tyreke back when I was still in highschool and got tickets for it. fun times but it was stupid. not gonna lie though. i still speed from time to time(not as fast as I use too) on the highway but i'm a lot more cautious. 100 max :p

oh yeah
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQKSQBJ58rY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQKSQBJ58rY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

It's disgusting how "well known people" get babied by their respective associations and by the police. They should get what everyone else would normally get for doing the same thing.

11. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

is it really evan cause y would he be drivin that ugly car im mean cmon my dad has a better car than that

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When he was way back and blew by the Charger he was definitely going 130 if not faster.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why was the passenger arrested

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Um, not all NBA players "have been told their whole life they can do anything". You can't say that, some players are very disciplined...

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I had the same question...why? If i was the passenger and i screamed at the driver to stop going fast and if he wouldn't listen, what makes me the bad guy :confused: :confused:

16. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Only if you are driving a purple Mercedes

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He doesn't pass the ball either.

Consistent.

18. Raven

Raven Member

http://www.vasectomy.com/

Get one. Please.

2 people like this.