1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyler Hansbrough

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Joe Joe, Feb 22, 2007.

1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Hansbrough is more like Juwan than David Lee. Hansbrough has some low-post moves, can make the mid-range shot, isn't a great rebounder, doesn't block shots, but he's a smart, and savvy player. He'd be worth some consideration if he's available at our pick.

2. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Joseph Jones is looking like a 35 year old Bernard King hobbling around for the Aggies. No way I waste a pick on him.

3. htownbball

htownbball Member

true that hansbrough isnt a great rebounder. he doesnt jump very high, doesnt have long arms, and he doesnt have a big body to block out other rebounders. however, he will chase down every ball and hit the deck to get after loose balls. is he a little overrated? yes, but i think he'd be a good pickup if he were say...5th or 6th on our big board at the 25th pick or so.

4. kevwun

kevwun Member

How does any scouting report on Joseph Jones not mention his chronic knee problems?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, I don't like Hansborough all that much but you have to like his energy and hustle and he has been doing it since day 1 at one of the top colleges in the country....

DD

6. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Looks like the Rockets are gonna need to trade up to get this guy. Whatever it takes!

7. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

Hansbrough=no way in the NBA

will be one of those college stars that didnt have the physical abiltity or body to be a star in the NBA; will be one of those scrappy types like Chuck Hayes minus rebounding but with more range, or an upgrade of Mark Madsen with a nicer disposition; but I could be wrong

imagine Chuck Hayes and Hansbrough playing each other; permanent dust cloud with referee whistles calling fouls every 10 seconds

#27 bchapman101, Mar 18, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  8. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Hansbrough isn't me.

Signed,

David Lee

9. Caboose

Caboose Member

Hansbrough= Christian Laettner?

10. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

exactly. the only thing they have in common is skin color. david lee is a GREAT athlete and was always an above the rim player.

we need to draft a versatile 6-6+ swing player.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At least he plays within himself, not trying to be athletic and dribbling around like a fool. He plays like a post should. Its rare and refreshing in this day and age. I am tired of hybrids, I dont want Big Baby taking his man off the dribble from 17ft out or coming off screens for a three.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Very odd post. First, it starts out like it is going to be a negative post. Then, it compares him to NBA quality role players. At the point in the draft where the Rockets will pick, a quality backup is what the Rockets will be trying to draft. With VSpan and Novak, the Rockets already have the bench thoroughly warmed.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Why? We've got that versatile 6-6 swing player in Snyder already. We definitely need a pure PG or PF right now, not hybrids.

14. jl3forprez

jl3forprez Member

ladeis and gentleman tyler hansbrough is like 24 he is done devloping as a bball player he is too small to play the pf in the nba and hes def not a sf because he has no jump shot..........tyler hansbrough at best is gona be cherokee parks or some homo like that

15. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hansbrough is a sophmore in college, no where near 24.
    but, i don't think he is going to be a starter in the nba.

16. jl3forprez

jl3forprez Member

he is 22 my fault......looks like someone had a bit of trouble in school

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Lesson: Never listen to someone who glorifies JL3.

-Tyler is 21
    -Tyler is 6'9-6'10+ with shoes, making him PF size, NOT undersized

I don't know how he'll develop. He reminds me of Chuck Hayes with a much better offensive game, but slower on defense. He's a tough kid who goes all out - he will definitely make it in the NBA.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Almost!

Take away some height and length....lose a little athleticism and footwork...gain some humility and work ethic...snip away some of the ball handling and passing...make the shooting a little less precise...

and there you go! You've made Laettner into Hansbrough!

I have to agree with everyone that sees him as a dud. Simply overmatched athletically for the league. David Lee has quite a bit more quickness and agility which allows him to get after the boards. Tyler'll be a good guy, but he will have a tough time scoring or rebounding against NBA forwards.

Evan

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's just no quit in this kid. He gives 100% every second he's out there. His motor alone will be enough to secure a spot in the league for years to come.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I disagree. If anything, Tyler needs to work on his shooting touch. Rebounding though? Does Hayes have a hard time rebounding? Tyler is taller than Chuck, and probably more intense. This kid goes all out no matter what he's doing -- AND he's still got two years left under Roy Williams! He will be a solid player in the league, a dirty work kind of guy. Like I said earlier, to me he's a taller Chuck Hayes who won't miss layups or be an offensive liability.