1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyler Ennis is terrible

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Lightsnowaction

I honestly hope eventually he never sees the court and just improves his skills only in the hopes to resign him and not turn into the Solomon Hill situation.

2. CertifiedTroll

A player usually has one skill that they are elite at. I do not see what Tyler Ennis brings to the table that couldn't be replace by a more stable Vet. He looks like he could become an all around solid player in time, but he should be in RGV right now.

Remlap likes this.
  3. thegreatdantoni

Keith Jones gonna woop that a$$ down to RGV

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Archie Goodwin.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah kinda. Y'all want bombs away backups?

Beasley and prigioni are why people are over criticizing. College is a fair reference to his shooting ability because it's recent. This isn't left field I don't think... People (maybe not you, perhaps I'm lumping you in unfairly) railing his defensive ability which is decent for a 3rd string point when Beasley and prigioni were the other options is hilarious. Or that he won't shoot, prigioni did the same thing and the only thing Beasley WOULD do is shoot. It's bogus criticism and reeks of butt hurt, it doesn't even make sense in context. It's just mad doggin on your own squad member and I guess that gets me all defensive.

I did misunderstand your point on rafer but I'd still take him as my 3rd point. Can't have too many shooters, true enough but you need all different types of players to win different matchups and games and stuff. Thats the only reason left to me to sign DMo. There's no other real post threat. A distributor outside of the harden umbrella is needed and he might be the only player with that mindset. Beverley is no distributor. Gordon is a scorer. No point forwards to speak of...he's a young player and he just got here. I think the reaction to him is just crazy, knee jerk, fickle Houston fandom territory and I'm against it.

Yes, he's going to make mistakes. Rewatching, just saw him toss it to Casper the ghost he thought dekker was cutting instead of going for the corner three. Dantoni immediately jumped up and made it a learning moment.

And faulting morey for the trade is ludicrous. He flipped a shitshow for an ok young player to cover a gap on the fly. That's good, right? I think it is.

alethios likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pablo can run the offense if all y;all want him to do is make the first pass or a basic PNR.....Yeah he'll pop a 3, but this team needs someone who can create more than they need another shooter...Can't have James out there for 40 mins. Ennis has more variety on his distribution than Pablo....it'll work for now. I'm sure Morey knows he's got another deal or two to make.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ennis will be fine until Bev gets back and one of them is traded for Serge Ibaka or Rudy Gay.

8. dmoneybangbang

MCW is on the last year of his contract, that's not someone Morey would want in this situation as he would be harder to move at the trade deadline.

As someone mentioned, just because someone is on the market, that doesn't mean that could be had for what we wanted to give up.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

send him to the dleague for the season then see what he does in sl and preseason. that or trade him

10. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Its easier to move a growing/young Ennis on an expring contract than it is to move 39 y/o Prigs. He was in the same draft as Capela but no one is expecting Clint to be an All Star. Clint scored 4pts in both Dallas games and he's a starter, but there isnt a thread about that.

11. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

clear trade bait. By not taking on his team option pretty much assures that at some point we will look to unload him to someone because of his expiring deal.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

The sooner the better. Let him try and run someone else's team.
    Just NOT ours

This is ME when he comes into the game

[​IMG]

13. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Rockets have until next week to decide on Ennis's option because of him just being traded here.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So frustrating

More like Tie'er Penis.

15. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Boom! i guess the Rocket's Have made up there mind already.

Rockets Decline 17-18 Option On Tyler Ennis per — Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen)

16. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

i miss beasly..

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Archie Goodwin didn't exactly light the world on fire and couldn't even stay on the roster of a mediocre Suns team.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yep, his shooting is awful. I'd give it a little time to settle out but if he isn't shooting at least 40-45% from the field he's basically unplayable.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Prigs has zero upside. The hope was that D'Antoni could turn him into a serviceable backup PG. I think the it's too early to make a verdict, but it's not looking good.

20. RightTooCensor

It's not like Prigs is any way more impactful than Ennis. I wouldn't want to play either guy 8 minutes per game, but at least Ennis doesn't get turned around on defense every time he tries to defend the pick and roll.