1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson would be a PERFECT fit.....Agree??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, May 28, 2015.

1. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He is the best option as of right now. If it doesn't cost too much, in terms of cap hit and player loss, they should do it. I just hope the Rockets can keep both Smoove and Brewer and still add talent. I really would like to see what Lull is capable of.

3. HTine

HTine Member

its cool in theory. He doesn't really play maxmimized as a 2nd fiddle though. He's an actual facilitator, and that's kinda wasting him if he's going to be a starter. we really don't need a 2nd play maker with this style in the starting lineup. We need a guy that will basically slash when needed or hit the knockdown 3. I have confidence Ty can do both of those, but I don't think he's going to be as comfortable as being the primary facilitator.

4. HTine

HTine Member

oh yea, forgot to mention that instagram shot too. not that they couldnt get past that, but i also heard he wants to play in dallas and legit isn't super fond of Harden. try making him a 2nd fiddle to a guy he doesn't like

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I like brandon knight. probably not the point guard we need but a good shooter and alright scorer that can fit well with harden

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Definitely NOT a perfect fit. I'd take his on court stats, but his play style intervenes with Harden's and Lawson is the worst kind of a person you'd want on a team that tends to show lack of balls from time to time. Of court issues with Lawson are really bigger than some of you think. Lawson has a long track record of not being a professional on and off the court. But Morey doesn't believe in chemistry, so sure, lets go after him.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He's a good fit offensively and he and Harden should be able to play along each other, but he's a terrible fit defensively. So it's give and take.

Btw what's that about the "right price" ? Trading for any pg of Lawson's caliber will take most of the lesser assets the Rockets have. Meaning 18th pick Jones NY second at least.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes he would be a better fit next to Harden but he's a RFA that will be maxed or near maxed. And the Rockets cant pay him 16 per.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Kick the tires on Atlanta's backup PG..... See what LA wants for Julius Randle... or attempt to steal one of those Orlando backup bigs for Pap ...

10. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

the last thing we need is another bad defender....

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if we're getting an all-offense/no defense pg, he needs to fit the rockets sytem. lawson's just an average 3pt shooter. i'd rather bring bev back on a one year contract.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want Jeff Teague of it could be possible. He plays d is quick and can score. I dont think it would be impossible to get him as atlanta is very high on Schroeder and invision him as the long term answer at pg.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Ty Lawson - 2nd best assist to turnover ratio in the entire NBA. I don't think he's ever had a 13 turnover game in his life on any level. The guy can be a game changer.

Lol @ people wanting George Hill, smh.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm still tryinh to find where lawson is a bad defender. The he would make everyones job so much easier. George Hill?

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not to mention lawson is a career 37% from 3pt range and he's at 50% for 2pt shots.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Me too...I don't think a lot of people have seen him play enough to be able to definitely make that claim. Now that doesn't mean he's a lock down defender, but he's serviceable on the defensive end, especially when it comes to help defense. I've also seen him play strong defense on elite pgs like John Wall during crucial times in late game situations. When Denver was making the playoffs, he was the engine that made that team run.

17. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This guy is who we need that would put us over the top. The question is how can we get him ?

18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Can he play off ball????not sure

19. malakas

malakas Member

True but the price will be high. Higher than Lawson's. In contrast with Lawson Teague's team is contending and wants him. Plus he's cheaper.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. He has before.